Moosie

Mini Moose

Hey Big O i need a favor to ask of ya, my parents are being a bunch of panzies this year and aren't going out opening day because it is a saturday so i was wondering if i could go with you??? please i will be really good i swear. But i still have to ask their permission and get a ride up there and stuff

TELL you what... If you have all the right gear and are willing to hunt long ... YOU can come along....

I'm leaving Friday morning and BAckbacking all day till the early evening, It's about a 8 mile hike in and We're elevating 4,200 more or less..... That might not mean much to ya untill you're there :D :D.. I will be glassing the hills Friday evening hoping to put a buck to bed.... If I don't get a buck Sat, I will stay Sat night till sun... If I don't get one Sunday.. Depending on what I am seeing I'll either Backpack out of the hills of Stay till MONDAY morning...... So It could be you having to come up thursday Eve. and Leaving Monday eve...

I don't see missing a few days school to be a big of a thing,.. BUT ROD might see otherwise.. ALSO, YOU'll need good gear. I'm guessing the weather will be freezing and maybe wet........You'll need to pack your Share of the food, I'll pack the tent and stove.... You'll need to pack your Water for 4 days too..... It's up to you, BUT I'm guessing It's kind of a big weekend ?!?!?!

KEEP that in mind...... STILL interested ?!?!

:eek: :eek: :eek:
Geesh Moosie, just tell him no :rolleyes:

WOW, that is some trek you are going to be takeing. I wish you the best on your hunt big guy. You too M&M

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> Geesh Moosie, just tell him no <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

NAhhhh, He's a good KID, I'd actually like to have him around. I just like to let him know what is instore :eek:

Moosie:

You're packing water for four days? That's at least two gallons (16 pounds) in addition to everythinbg else you are carrying in your backpack. And if your're working hard (like backpacking and gaining 4,000+ feet elev) then you'll need a lot more. Aren't there some water sources along the way that can be purified?

KC

You should take your camel-bak and a bottlefilter and just keep refilling it everytime you need to. You can take water from a mudhole with one of the good bottle filters. Water is one thing you don't need to be packing a bunch of......unless your hunting desert. :rolleyes:
DS

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back