Caribou Gear Tarp

Moosie...Trip Status

Ovis

Just curious if you will be calling back home or to a friend on the board to give status of the hunt. You gonna put the satellite phone through excessive use or will it be for emergencies only? Not that I'll get to keep up with how your trip is going, but I think it would be pretty cool to keep the rest of the board informed while you are in BFE Alaska.

I've been kicking around the Idea of 2 ways... First I was thinking about calling in every other day for a 2-3 min Conversation and Having Mr's Moosie post the Days Progress.... Then I was thinknig About not saying ANYTHING until I get back and Write a story.... But keep a Video Journal in the Field
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Would the "MASS" rather have a Day by day "Daily Events" by Mr's Moosie ?

I think you should take a laptop and do all of your video editing, picture posting, progression, etc etc daily via satellite phone connection
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I think an every other day post from the wife would keep this place sound...I mean you are going to be gone for 2 1/2 weeks.

YAH.. If I had the Room I would bring the Laptop.. AS it is I can't fu#$($(@(@9 Get my #*$*#$ Weight down enough to F#(#$* Bring 1/2 the SH$#(@@) I FU@$*@* Want in Camp like *#@*(#* Food and a Backup tent....

I didn't even take the Phoen weight in consideration yet F*@#*$* *@ !!!!

GGGgrrrrr.....

Anyways.. What were we saying
wink.gif

YAH, I'll give a every other day Update.

Hell... I have been telling you for weeks that the weight was gonna get you...
wink.gif
How about you give me your sign-on, and I'll write a story. The "masses" will believe the events, and you can correct the minor differences when you return...
biggrin.gif

WELL We can Go through the Weight when Ya get here.. Maybe figure out what I can't
frown.gif

Uhhh I've seen your Hog hunting story... I think you would do better pretending that I called in every day and Then MAke something up. NO-ONe will know the Difference until I get back. Don't make me shoot a big 70"er then I come back with a 50 1/8"er
biggrin.gif

Put a griz Attack story in there too.....

With the Wife checking the board every day, I'm sure I'll know when, What, And how big a Moose I shot before I come home ... THEN I'll post a picture.. NO one here calls BS on me ever
wink.gif
rolleyes.gif

Phone was Ordered Friday... Should be here next Friday !!!! I'll have to test it once before I leave... MY biggest worry is the battery life. Wonder how that will make it ?!?! Would suck to have a phone wit hthe Batery life Dieing and me paying for the Whole DAM month.... Glad I got a 2nd one... They best be workin' And I'll be calling in too !!!

WAHHOOOO... TICK tock TICK TOCK...

How big is the battery? is it something you can wear around your neck or on your body? Since cold will kill a battery real quick, I just gotta ask.

I plan to keep the Batteries in my Sleeping bag. thats what I do with the Cam Corder ones. Not sure how big it is, but It seems small enough to be in there. I actually am more worried 'bout the Cam corder one. As long as I get Pictures.. the Phone callin' really ain't that important
wink.gif

Moosie -

Just to make you feel lucky I was out saturday helping a buddy get a moose area scouted, canoe hauled in and a camp situated. I spied a caribou, a huge caribou bedded down across the lake my bud was going to hunt moose at (lots of moose in the area). The antlers were extremely wide and tall. We watched it on and off for about 3 hours as we prowled around searching for a good camp site. It would get up feed and lay back down again. We did notice that it had a wounded or broken rear leg causing it to walk in circles. I left my buddy there and packed back out. Curious if the caribou made through the nightescaping from the wolves or griz in the area.

Oh if you don't have a head net on your list be sure to add one. Met my bud later that evening as he had come out to grab his head net he had forgotten as the bugs (nats & no seeums)were bad!! He went back in that night and it was worth the 4 hour trip for him!!

John/AK, Thanx for the trip.. I had the Net on my list early on but then Took it off.... I'm a DORK !!!! It's back on and I'll pick a couple up for Me and Dad this weekend. thanx for the Reminder bud !!

Thanx for the Story too... Hopefully I have a Wounded 'bou or Dumb Moose in the Area I hunt
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Take the net that was duct taped to the safety glasses!!! That is a classic! Good luck. Can you hide me in your luggage, or would that put you over the weight limit?
wink.gif

Back