Caribou Gear

Moosie, here's your chance...

dgibson

You can score points with Mrs. Moosie
hump.gif
by presenting her with an exciting Hawaiian vacation. Meanwhile, you can do a little exotic whacking of your own.
shhh.gif

Hunters Asked To Reduce Hawaii's Nonnative Sheep Population

HILO, HI--The National Park Service is asking hunters to help reduce Hawaii's mouflon sheep population in a 116,000-acre area acquired by the agency to expand Hawaii's Volcanoes National Park.

Mouflon sheep were introduced to the island in 1960 for sport hunting, and park officials estimate there might be 2,000 animals living there now.

Hunters interested in guided hunting trips to help reduce the sheep population must register by April 9 for a public lottery that will be held April 23. The hunts will be held every Saturday in May and the first two Saturdays in June.

There will be no bag limit on the sheep, and hunters will be encouraged to keep the meat.

Registration forms are available online at www.nps.gov/havo, or from the state Department of Land and Natural Resources Forestry and Wildlife offices in Hilo and Waimea.

[ 03-25-2004, 08:17: Message edited by: dgibson ]

I'll be on Maui in May, but it sounds like it's more set up for locals - possession of a registered centerfire rifle, registered 4wd vehicle, etc. It's on a different island, too. I was excited for a few minutes, though... ;)

"Meanwhile, you can do a little exotic whacking of your own. "

If I'm with my wife..... I don't understand ;)

Lemme tell ya, We're going to Cancune' this year in June. the reason we're ging there is there is nothing to Hunt, I will get a:)way with a day of fishing but there is nothing to do but Lay in the Beach and Spend time with her. I tried that Hawaii hut/sun combo deal on her and I got kicked in the NADS :D :D

Thanx for the thought though. Someday I'll be able to pull something like that off

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back