Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Moosie, BE IN

280 askes questions like he cares.. What he really wanted to know is What were you wearing
eek.gif
elkgrin.gif

You dickfor moosie.

They'll give ya holler when the big old bulls start out to the open country, maybe even you could track one of them down.

gophers? what i meant was how much as a rule does the meat bring? do you just buy a bison or is it like an auction? when you buy one do you get the hide and skull?just curious how it all works?

moosie go away

280 not looking to Kill a Easy kill Bison now.. Is he ? What a looser
wink.gif

Tough for me o go away 280, But I won't be on the board for Fri-Sun... HAve at it then
tongue.gif

moosie i know you have a hard time reading put please try harder you look like (more then normal) a fool,.

just asking lost how the whole bison thing works, CURIOUS is all

Actually I am too.. Becasue I wantto Shoot one.. "CURIOUS" how you jsut want to know how it works... HUMmmmmm
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I can read, Maybe sometimes too well
tongue.gif
Why do you care about the bison thing ? Now I'm just "Curious"
biggrin.gif

lots of years ago you could put in for bison tags $500 on a special draw if i remember right shootem when they came out of the park and it generated money for FWP, now I was wondering if FWP gets any money for the bison to help defray the mangement cost

280, they might be getting ready to do it again. Check this out,

Senate Bill 395, sponsored by Montana Republican Sen. Gary Perry, would direct the Montana Department of Livestock (DOL) to allow a hunting season for bison that leave Yellowstone National Park. The DOL would authorize the hunt, says spokesman Marc Bridges, while the Montana Department of Fish, Wildlife and Parks (FWP) would oversee it.

FWP Director Jeff Hagener says he envisions a fair chase hunt where hunters would be allowed to hunt by themselves and shoot whichever bison they choose.

The DOL already manages bison that leave the park with the primary purpose of hazing them back into the park or removing them, which can include shooting and killing them. The DOL manages bison because the animals are known to carry brucellosis, a disease that can also infect cattle and could hurt the cattle industry.

The bill now heads to the full Senate. For more information, visit http://leg.state.mt.us/css/default.asp.

Its passed in the senate and off to the house. New fees though.

"wild buffalo or bison--resident, $100; nonresident, $1,000."

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 03-07-2003 13:12: Message edited by: Tom ]</font>

280=== WHO would ya pay? Right now ya just go get the ones you want. Do it right and no one complains.

Once they are outa the park they belong to whomever has possession of them. No agency wants to have any responsibility for them at all, that might change in the future.

I believe the ones the DoL gathers up now go to a slaughterhouse for processing and then distributed out to other state deals...schools, prisons, etc. Once those avenues overload then the DoL will prob have auctions to sell the different parts, in the past they sold the meat by the half, the skulls and the hides either seperate or in lots. I think before a pile of 30-40 skulls sold for $100 or less.. I don't remember the F&WP were involved except as rubberneckers.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back