Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Moose tag non-resident

Break out the checkbook for about $45,000 American dollars and you’ll be hunting moose guided this year up in Canada, I assume. Really haven’t checked prices lately though. Good luck, 🍀 TheGrayRider.

Break out the checkbook for about $45,000 American dollars and you’ll be hunting moose guided this year up in Canada, I assume. Really haven’t checked prices lately though. Good luck,  TheGrayRider.

I don't think the wife will go for that. I spend way to much now just chasing whitetail around Florida by her standards

Alot of NRs throwing bad money after good chasing MSG tags as NRs. And those guys got in before you.

If you don't have the money to pay cash for Moose in AK or Canada, then you probably also shouldn't be using your money to apply anywhere for Moose in lower 48.

I think, from what I’ve read, comparatively New Brunswick moose can be an affordable trip.

In my opinion, If you’re serious about it start putting some money to the side for a guided trip and apply for Maine moose in the meantime, I think Maine is 100% random draw.

Definitely can't afford a guided Moose hunt especially if there $45k as stated above. Have been looking at DIY for Alaska figuring on $8-$10k for that hunt but that's 5 years from now and I'm sure it will go up

Definitely can't afford a guided Moose hunt especially if there $45k as stated above. Have been looking at DIY for Alaska figuring on $8-$10k for that hunt but that's 5 years from now and I'm sure it will go up
DIY hunts have easily doubled in the last 10 years. The problem will be getting a spot, if you plan to come to AK plan to book at least a year before you come. Many places have limited to no availability for years out.

If you are willing to spend $10k I would look at Canada, you can go on a guided hunt for that.

Maybe try Maine. My buddy who lives in Maine keeps telling me to apply and says non-residents have a fair chance at drawing. I never looked into it though.
All I will say is your buddy is really wrong and don't believe the stats you locate on the game and fish site. Much, much, worse, they aren't factoring in multiple packets bought by applicants and my guess that's on purpose.

Last edited:
How many years can I plan on applying for a moose tag before I would be successful in getting one being a non-resident.
You are twenty years behind that curve in the lower 48 unless a state is totally random(ID). Don't waste your money on a bunch of points and other fees. Save your money and go to Newfoundland hands down.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back