Moose Score Sheet Is Complete

Congrats on your bull making "the Book". I consider that quite an honor.

Your comments about Fred are right on. He's a great guy. I haven't known him quite as long as you, but we go back about 40 years. Ask him about the case of dynamite that I blew up for him over at Wall Rock.

Here's a picture from the B&C 30th Awards Book where I'm standing next to Fred at the Awards Dinner back in Springfield, MO...
Gd7zdchl.jpg

That’s an awesome moose. What kind of mount you getting done?

That’s an awesome moose. What kind of mount you getting done?

A shoulder mount, but I have no room in the house for it. Here is where the other moose is, and where I may have to put it...

06548314-22D6-4068-AC36-9FA2FA4F0A30.jpeg

Hey Shrapnel - congrats on a great bull! I'm no mathematics major, but it appears that Fred may have short-changed you on your scoresheet. Specifically, it looks to me like the score in Column 2 should be 69 3/8 instead of 68 3/8. That one inch should be added to your final score making it 160 7/8! I know it's just a number but you might need it in your bet - Ha! Someone please double or triple check my math to make sure I'm correct on this. Congrats again!

Hey Shrapnel - congrats on a great bull! I'm no mathematics major, but it appears that Fred may have short-changed you on your scoresheet. Specifically, it looks to me like the score in Column 2 should be 69 3/8 instead of 68 3/8. That one inch should be added to your final score making it 160 7/8! I know it's just a number but you might need it in your bet - Ha! Someone please double or triple check my math to make sure I'm correct on this. Congrats again!

I think you are right, but it needed to be on the right side to improve the overall score. It makes the left side another inch bigger, but it would need to be subtracted due to the symmetry measurement that Boone and Crockett is known for.

It does help in the bet with Rob, as he wanted to compare score totals and not the finished score...

F6DE37F1-ED91-4667-80C6-A8B0519D2E1C.png

Here's a picture from the B&C 30th Awards Book where I'm standing next to Fred at the Awards Dinner back in Springfield, MO...
Gd7zdchl.jpg

Kpx3m6Ll.jpg

What happened to you?

I think you are right, but it needed to be on the right side to improve the overall score. It makes the left side another inch bigger, but it would need to be subtracted due to the symmetry measurement that Boone and Crockett is known for.

It does help in the bet with Rob, as he wanted to compare score totals and not the finished score...

View attachment 170591
The 12 1/8 deduction does not change - that number is correct. It was a simple math error in that column so your gross score goes up by 1 inch and therefore your total net score goes up by 1 inch. Don't sell your bull short :) .

The 12 1/8 deduction does not change - that number is correct. It was a simple math error in that column so your gross score goes up by 1 inch and therefore your total net score goes up by 1 inch. Don't sell your bull short :) .

Wow! I think you are right!

So if it bumps up an inch to 160-7/8 net, we have a tie. Have never been a fan of how B&C measures moose- specifically the palm length and how they don’t count anything for tine length. But that’s how they do it.

FB3BD314-0AB2-4E40-A129-8A2B5345A029.jpeg

So if it bumps up an inch to 160-7/8 net, we have a tie. Have never been a fan of how B&C measures moose- specifically the palm length and how they don’t count anything for tine length. But that’s how they do it.

View attachment 170628

Boone and Crockett seems to be the standard by which everything gets measured, but symmetry isn’t always the best indicator or the size of the animal. Point length is a measurement in every other antlered animal, why they chose not to with moose is interesting.

I talked to Fred before I got my moose and had him analyze the 2 bigger bulls I had found scouting, and he said the less interesting bull would score higher...

C8B9947C-2CA7-4F0D-8839-976551271B13.jpegA28CB5E6-ECB4-4C10-AB72-62A433C81E36.jpeg31B0C8AB-4549-415B-890C-098BDBE50D04.jpeg

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back