Caribou Gear Tarp

Moose Killings

Elkhunter

Most of us are awestruck when we are lucky enough to spot a moose in the wild, but this year in Wyoming, it seems too many people have just been blood thirsty. 12 moose have been illegally killed in the state this year. The latest incident in the Bridger Valley where 3 bull moose were shot from the road, and then left. Wyoming Game and Fish Wildlife Division Chief Jay Lawson says the incidents appear to be unrelated, but all are malicious and senseless. “We’ve had moose shot in the Big Horns, another at Meeteetse, we had a large bull shot and abandoned on Slate Creek South of Lander. Three moose were shot by a group of individuals who were prosecuted near Pinedale, 2 moose were shot in the Snowy Range, including a cow who had a dependant calf, and the 3 moose that were shot in the Bridger Valley.” Lawson said the incidents will have an impact on the state’s hunting opportunities. He said mistaking the moose for a different animal is no excuse, because in his words, “Hunters should know their targets.” Anyone who has information about a poaching incident can report it to the Game and Fish by calling 1 800 442 4331, or by clicking here to report online. You can remain anonymous, and awards are often offered if your tip leads to the arrest and conviction of those responsible.

Looks like it just got a whole lot harder to draw a moose tag in WY.

Oak

It should be a manditory one nut castration for getting caught poaching... To bad for the moose population, I wonder how many are shot that are never found?

Elkhunter,

I have read about these killings on the F&G page. The cows and calfs left to rot make no sense to me
mad.gif
. Hopefully they can close these cases out.

You guys up there in Wyoming have one thing on your side. You have a diligent fish and game when it comes to this kind of stuff.

with the number of moose you guys have it shouldnt take even the newest hunter long to find the difference between a moose and anything else.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back