Moose call.

Yea (Never hurts to have one along)

But since I have never hunted Moose,what do I know
confused.gif

Elkhunter has the right idea.
biggrin.gif

Calling moose ia a lot like calling ducks. If you know what you're doing it can work very well. If you don't it could screw everything up.
IMO, the most important thing with calling moose is if they are in the rut or not. If they aren't rutting calling doesn't work, simple. Where I've been hunting (unit 13), the rut doesn't happen until late in the season. The year I was at my buddy's camp in 19 (1998), the bulls were looking for cows the first week of September. I called a bull in from over a mile away, but the CS wouldn't come out of the brush when he was about 400 yards away. It was real fun to watch him come to that distance though.
The best video I've seen for calling moose is Love, Thunder, and Bull, made by Wayne Kubat, Alaska Remote Guide Service.
So......I'm not sure.
smile.gif

Well.. I got 2 of the calls.. and a tape to learn how to call them, and a video that shows how to call them too....

the funny thing is, I can blow it... and my boys can blow it and it sounds the same.. Either it's that easy, my boys are REAL good, or I suck !! HAHA

Hey Moosie..I wouldn't leave home without it! If you put some time in, you'll be amazed at how well it works. I bought two vids and a moose call, and gave it a try. It worked great, and I had a blast talking to the moose...

I can't imagine moose hunting without one!

Dave

What time of the year did ya wack yer Moose DavidAK ? I hear early on it's hit and miss.. Although I hear that for Elk bugleing too and I've called them in the heat of the day before.... SO who knows ?!?!?!

I shot mine on October 12th. I called in quite a few during September, when it was supposedly "too early" according to what everyone was telling me..but the ones that came in weren't legal.

I would take the call! It wouldn't hurt any.

DavidAK,

Where you located in Wasilla at? I'm in Wasilla as well. Actually, I'm a few miles down KGB road. Hit me with an email.

Bearstalker,

I live out KGB also..in Victoria Estates. Unfortunately, I'm at work at the moment. How's the weather there?

David

Back