PEAX Equipment

Moon Phase

1. Do you beleave if moon phase has any effect on coyote hunting?

2. How does the moon phase effect coyote hunting?

3. Is there a phase that you wait for to hunt?

4. Do you hunt certain stands at a specific moon phase?

5. What phase of the moon do wait for to hunt your honey hole, or do that matter?

I think moon phase has a lot more effect on fishing, than it does on hunting. Especially salt water fishing, because of the moons influence on tides. Full moons allow more successful night feeding for fish and coyotes. But the tide determines where near shore species will locate. Coyotes don't have those restrictions and don't have to deal with that. Hunting coyotes in the morning after a full moon may not be productive, due to their successful night time hunt. A coyote with a full belly probably won't be interested in another easy meal. Just my opinion based more on logic than scientific documentation.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 07-07-2003 20:39: Message edited by: NASA ]</font>

I am just putting out the question, I just happen to look up and saw just how cool the moon looked.

I know that the moon phase does effect fishing and deer huntin. It is an asumption that it effects all big game. I am courious if the moon effects all animals.

I read a big article out of my predator extreme mag. that I get. I ended up more scattered brained than before I read it. Not knowing for sure but I feel that it would.
I'm too busy to wait for the right time, but I would probably up my chances if it really does work. If I get a chance to go- I go.

SONG DOG

I have kept some pretty accurate records. Last year I hunted almost everyday and could see a slight edge on days with little or no moon.

If you hunt at night, in open country, you will defantly have an advantage on dark nights. In heavy timber, I like to hunt on nights with a full moon, with a shotgun with a light mounted on it. Sometimes I don't even use the light. Don't let it keep you out of the woods, coyotes will respond just about anytime, day or night, full moon or no moon. You can't kill em sittin on the couch.

Byron
biggrin.gif

I'm a big beliver in hunting the moon. No matter what you hunt, paying attention to the moon will up your take. I like Byron have kept reccords for the last 22 years. I wish I had kept them the hole 34 years that I've hunted. I am working on running the data from the 22 years through the computer and compiling the data into book form. It will be fun to see just what this book will tell us. I bet its gonna be good.

sly

Well, since night hunting is about all I do anymore. On full moon, it is my observation that they are less vocal. More sneaking around. In my opionion, because it is almost daylight looking on the fields.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back