Montrose, CO Taxidermist

JohnCushman

Hey guys. I've been looking at taxidermists in the unit 61 area and I've been talking to one I like called Big Horn Taxidermy. Do any of you guys in that area know of their work or anyone who's had work done by them? Would you or they recommend them?

Thanks!

Good reputable taxidermist... They've been in town for ages and would not have lasted if they had any negatives, Montrose was once a very small town and Bellgardts have been local for a long time.... Another I would recommend would be Fred Penasa @ Southwest Taxidermy. Longer turn around time, but a heck of a show taxidermist, although I would venture to guess that he's not cheap... Kim Hussong at Cedar Creek Taxidermy is another good local choice. There are some other local guys that did some good work I just don't know if they are still in business as they were more "hobby" taxidermists in retirement...

Last edited:
They did a cape job for a buddy's elk when when we hunted that area a couple years ago. The best I can recall they were quick and reasonably priced.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back