MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Montana Whitetail Weekend, with two stories.

Love the bucks, and love the story! However… I wish MT would schedule their hunts differently. For example, we dealt with 2 guys with 2 kids on one four wheeler. They were ridding around, spooking everything, and we were waiting for them to crash.

The youth hunt is gutted right up against the opener. My brother had spent 10 years applying for an either sex tag. We had spent days and days e-scouting and scouting too. They all decided to trounce around trying to spook deer around out of every nook and cranny too. Frustration.

I am NOT against the youth hunt, but this could be managed better.

Love the bucks, and love the story! However… I wish MT would schedule their hunts differently. For example, we dealt with 2 guys with 2 kids on one four wheeler. They were ridding around, spooking everything, and we were waiting for them to crash.

The youth hunt is gutted right up against the opener. My brother had spent 10 years applying for an either sex tag. We had spent days and days e-scouting and scouting too. They all decided to trounce around trying to spook deer around out of every nook and cranny too. Frustration.

I agree that the program could be managed better, I like its o the days kids usually get off from school, but was not a fan of it running right against the general season, but I am not a big fan of the seasons in general. they could be managed much better for a better quality deer population. That a whole different complaint I have.

That sounds like a normal Montana hunt anytime of season. Expect the unexpected.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back