Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Montana Unit 313 Mountain Goat Tag

brng525

I was fortunate enough to draw a 313 Mountain goat tag this year and am in search of any and all information that I can get on the area, the goat populations, starting points, backpack camping sights, and any outfitters who might be willing to pack me in and out of the area etc. I see a few posts from last year that I will be checking out as well. This tag has been on the top of my hunting list for 24 years and it is finally going to happen so I want to make sure I am well prepared. I appreciate anything that you can tell me. I plan on hunting early to start with, mid September, but will continue to go back as long as it takes and my feet will carry me and the snow allows.

Welcome to HuntTalk. Prepare to be razzed about the fact that your first post is one in which you are seeking information.

I don't know the Unit, but HuntTalk has a super-useful feature under its Search option. Click on the Search tool, and search the Mountain Goat forum using the keyword "Crazies" or "Crazy". You'll probably get enough hits to spend the afternoon reading.

Well I hit the mountains for the first scouting trip of the year. the Crazies are a little steeper than they appear on the Google Earth screen. We saw 13 goats in all, two nice billies. Only problem is they were so far up on the mountain there is now way I could ever get to them. Hope to hit the mountains one more time before the opener. Every time I hit the mountain it seems a little easier. I just hope I have enough oomph to get the job done!:)

Well I hit the mountains for the first scouting trip of the year. the Crazies are a little steeper than they appear on the Google Earth screen. We saw 13 goats in all, two nice billies. Only problem is they were so far up on the mountain there is now way I could ever get to them. Hope to hit the mountains one more time before the opener. Every time I hit the mountain it seems a little easier. I just hope I have enough oomph to get the job done!:)

Let us know how it goes.

Any update on your hunt?
Some nice billies taken up there so far this year.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back