Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Montana Tags

As in, I wouldn’t count on it
Seems like you were right, as always :) I've been trying to follow the MT regulations changes but now I know to wait until they are finalized to see what actually gets approved. No sense trying to predict the outcome.

If anyone wants to do a hunt swap get in touch. I definitely don't plan to hunt elk solo!

Last edited:
After a few plan changes it looks like I'll be archery hunting in MT this Sept. I drew a Big Game Combo so that's my deer and elk tag taken care of. Missed out on an elk permit but happy to have the general tag with more unit options.

Thanks for all the advice received. Think I will prioritize elk for 10 days and then bear for 10 days. And save my pronghorn points.

Looking forward to hunting with my bow here in New Zealand as preparation for Sept, including archery tahr hunting in the rut (mid winter) on the west coast.

Last edited:
After a few plan changes it looks like I'll be archery hunting in MT this Sept. I drew a Big Game Combo so that's my deer and elk tag taken care of. Missed out on an elk permit but happy to have the general tag with more unit options.

Thanks for all the advice received. Think I will prioritize elk for 10 days and then bear for 10 days. And save my pronghorn points.

Looking forward to hunting with my bow here in New Zealand as preparation for Sept, including archery tahr hunting in the rut on the west coast.
Good luck in both! If you need anything while on your stay in Montana, I’m sure there are many of us that will do our best to accommodate! Looking forward to watching the journey through your photos and stories!

Back