Montana Tag Issue

Montana4Life

I am kind of old school and like the hard copy tag(s) sent to me from FWP. Mine never showed up in the mail this year. I called Helena and they said they were mailed out. They told me I could get a duplicate at FWP up in the Heights in Billings for free. Pain in the butt to drive 45 minutes to do that. They also said I could go to a license provider and get them for $5 a piece. So for my bear, elk and deer I'm looking at an extra $15 which isn't much I know but just ticks me off with how expensive the service fee already is! My question is... has anyone else out there requested tags in the mail and you haven't received them either?? Thanks for any help!

Last edited:
I was the opposite. I selected to print them off at home and was gonna print them off on waterproof paper. They arrived in the mail 3 days later. The link I was provided never valid.

Interesting!! I'm wondering if mine were actually every sent out?? Frustrating as I was hoping to go look for a bear tomorrow!

I am kind of old school and like the hard copy tag(s) sent to me from FWP. Mine never showed up in the mail this year. I called Helena and they said they were mailed out. They told me I could get a duplicate at FWP up in the Heights in Billings for free. Pain in the butt to drive 45 minutes to do that. They also said I could go to a license provider and get them for $5 a piece. So for my bear, elk and deer I'm looking at an extra $15 which isn't much I know but just ticks me off with how expensive the service fee already is! My question is... has anyone else out there requested tags in the mail and you haven't received them either?? Thanks for any help!
Two years ago they sent my combo license to me THREE times and it never got here. I'm guessing some dope in the mailroom just put US metered postage on an envelope with Canada address. Still don't know if I even drew the license this year. Last time I looked at the site it said I was successful and unsuccessful. 🤔

I had this exact thing happen to me last year. Checked the “mail them to me” box after purchasing a sportsman license. I called on them 3 times and was told each time they are in the mail. Luckily I wasn’t planning to spring bear hunt. Finally around July I called and they gave me the same options as you to reprint them. I went to the regional office and had them printed for free. The lady told me I better not lose them because I wouldn’t be able to reprint them. I didn’t figure it was worth the argument but since I never lost them in the first place not sure why that would have been the case. I didn’t lose them so who knows.

Helpful post. Done deal. Have you seen my baseball?
I am having a problem getting a new phone book. I am just more comfortable looking up plumbers and such the old way. You know who to trust by the size of the ad! Seems the phone book people should respect that I do not want to learn some new cockamamie way. I pay their salaries!!

I had this exact thing happen to me last year. Checked the “mail them to me” box after purchasing a sportsman license. I called on them 3 times and was told each time they are in the mail. Luckily I wasn’t planning to spring bear hunt. Finally around July I called and they gave me the same options as you to reprint them. I went to the regional office and had them printed for free. The lady told me I better not lose them because I wouldn’t be able to reprint them. I didn’t figure it was worth the argument but since I never lost them in the first place not sure why that would have been the case. I didn’t lose them so who knows.
Good thing you didn’t need any of them and missed out on #neckroasts

Back in March when I did my new hunting license, I also purchased a couple of ATV trail stickers at the same time.
After a month I stop at region 3 head quarters and asked. The guy said Helena is just way behind in getting stuff sent out.
Now it's been 8 weeks and I still have not received my permits.

We have not recieved NR Elk Combo yet either. I thought these got mailed out in June or something... Now i am interested.

I think I will call in three weeks to see where we are at if they have not arrived by then.

That would make it 6 weeks post draw to have them mailed to my house.

You have to pay for waterproof tags?
That’s like having a paper license plate on the car. Unless your strictly a road hunter it seems most people encounter some kind of weather each year while hunting.

I thought that was a given when you purchased any license. I got my CO small game license and PA turkey tag so far this year, both water proof.

Montana really puts it to ya.

I thought that was a given when you purchased any license. I got my CO small game license and PA turkey tag so far this year, both water proof.

WI licenses are all on regular paper. Unless you get the e card than all linked to a card the warden can scan.

Pretty easy waterproof fix, take 2.5" clear packing tape cover both sides. Been doing that with my MT licenses too never had an issue.

Sounds like I'm not the only one!! Thanks for the replies. Pretty frustrating to say the least.
I did send an email and that worked better than calling if anyone else is in the same boat!

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back