Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Montana Spring Bear Questions?

NV_ARCH3R

I think my initial post disappeared. I Hunted I think Montana 316 near Wise river for spring bear in 2015, I stumbled across a smaller bear and brought him home, but I'm thinking about a return trip for a bigger specimen. Would I be better in one of the units further North? Seemed like talking with the locals there was "a" bear in this or that creek like everyone knew of the 3-5 bears in the area. What little chance I had to get out I hunted mostly the lower already greened up country, should I be hunting higher more along the snowline rather than below it?

I'm a taking a buddy up to NW Montana for bears this spring with one of our other friends for his bachelor party. Wondering if anyone has an advice hunting up here, we were thinking around the libby area not sure which unit or area yet. I live in Bozeman and have harvested a couple of bears down here but the groom is from out of state and I really want to try to get him on a bear, hence the trip up state.

I'm a taking a buddy up to NW Montana for bears this spring with one of our other friends for his bachelor party. Wondering if anyone has an advice hunting up here, we were thinking around the libby area not sure which unit or area yet. I live in Bozeman and have harvested a couple of bears down here but the groom is from out of state and I really want to try to get him on a bear, hence the trip up state.

Hunted out of Libby in spring '14, mostly in Cabinets or north along the west side of the lake. Beautiful country, very very few other folks, and yes...plenty of bears. As plans come together, PM if you need more specifics

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back