Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Montana Results out!!!!

I'm hunting the Southeast corner near Alzada with Hidden Valley Outfitters. I've hunted near Glasgow a couple of times along the Milk river & thanks for the welcome!

Should be some great deer hunting.

I've hunted lope around Alzada a time or two, just about got shot the last time was down there as a mater of fact. Some toothless redneck was shooting out the window of his 1963 Ford pickup at a small herd of does as they ran across the road... We were caught in the cross fire, and proceeded to stop and take cover!!!

I gave him a serious ass chewing when I caught up to him! He sat there like he wasn't doing anything wrong. I turned him in, but I doubt they did anything about it, as I never got a call from anyone. Friggn stupid people!!!

Sorry to here about your ordeal! I to would of turned him in, i have little patience for slob hunters.

Congrats Bowedark!

No MT elk for me. I have a question. I have two points for elk permits, but since I didn't draw the license I can't put in for the permit. Is it possible to lose my permit points if I don't draw a license for three years? Seems like a bum deal to me if it could happen.:confused:

1BigDeer said:
No MT elk for me. I have a question. I have two points for elk permits, but since I didn't draw the license I can't put in for the permit. Is it possible to lose my permit points if I don't draw a license for three years? Seems like a bum deal to me if it could happen.:confused:
I think you have 3 years of not applying before you loose your points.

Bambistew,

I had the same thing happen one year down here hunting antelope...only it was a couple toothless rednecks from Colorado...

I chewed their ass, turned them in.

The next day we ran into them as Dad, Matt and I were hauling out two buck antelope on a game cart. The one guy was pretty pissed as they both got tickets for their unsafe behavior and lack of basic hunter education.

They were shooting at running antelope directly between us, and the antelope were actually CLOSER to us.

I asked them if they'd seen us out there when I was chewing their ass...the one guy says, "Yeah, we seen you, but shooting at antelope between each other is just antelope huntin' "...

Its truly unbelievable how stupid, unethical and irresponsible people really are.

Zip,Zero,Nada in Montana. All for the best anyway. Looks like we will be building a new house late summer,early fall.

Back