Montana pheasant?

Vinnie B

Does anyone know how the pheasant numbers are in the Glendive area? I heard from my friends family that they are pretty good. Planning a trip this year around opening weekend haven't been up there in about 5 years so curious how the numbers are.

Can you buy a non-res OTC archery deer tag in Montana? I am going to try and find my regs here somewhere but I thought someone might have an answer. Thx.

You should be able to find some birds around Glendive. Bigsky and NeMont are closer to the area and hopefully they will weigh in as well.

As for OTC archery deer I think you are SOL. You may be able to pick up whitetail doe tags, but pretty sure that would be your only opportunity for the furry critters.

It appears to me that the pheasant numbers are decent. If the hatch down there is anything like here it should be another okay year. If you are wanting to archery hunt anything with antlers you are SOL but there may be a skin head tag available down there. The list comes out on Monday the 14th and it is first come first served. If memory serves me, there are a couple thousand whitetail doe tags available in region 6.

Not a trophy hunt but it is hunting.

Nemont

I was in Glendive for deer and pheasant last year. The numbers were good then and the winter was mild. I don't know about the spring for the hatch, but i suspect you will find a good number of pheasants. I'm headed back there this year after i get back from Iraq. Let me know what you find out.
Good luck.

Forgot to say, that Region 7 which Glendive is in usually has plenty of non res white tail doe tags. You will need to have your bowhunting safety class certificate to get an archery license.

Thanks for the info. Looks like I will spend the time bird hunting. Have plenty of venison in the freezer so no need to just shoot something. We always have a good time up there so I will be off to snuff the rooster in Oct.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JRP325
Back