Caribou Gear

Montana or Colorado?

We now have over 1 million people. WE ARE FULL!!! I heard that Wisconsin has a ski area. :D
Wisconsin has several Ski areas. I grew up there, don't ski, and probably won't draw an elk tag there in the next 40 years! So it gets the axe.

My hunting buddy (CPO) lives in Wellington and when we started hunting together 8 years ago it was the country......now it is a suburb of FoCo. He bought his current house (2200sf) new 4 years ago for 260k......they are now building the same floor plan in another part of his addition starting at 425k. Will you be working at home or would you need to get to an office in one of those towns? FoCo is a college town with the goods/bads that go along with that. It is not quite as crazy as Boulder but not my flavor at all. Loveland and Longmont I would put a peck above those with Loveland top for the "personality" of the town and the fact that Longmont is still part of the Denver metro to me. All three have horrible traffic (it doesn't ease up from Denver until you get almost to Wellington). There are a lot of oil and gas opportunities up there but our current governor would like to change that. In that area I would look north up toward Cheyenne, northwest of Wellington or east out toward Ault and Eaton to get a little space. I waterfowl hunt out in the Greely/Ault/Eaton area yearly and it is still roomy for now with plenty of birds :)
I have the capability of working from home with my business. Potentially could use an office but it would mostly be a place for clients to come and have meetings. I am not to afraid of a college town, obtaining a job as a college professor is my back up plan since I have the education and experience. As I stated to another gentleman on here, 9 years goes fast and I am not necessarily going to wait to buy something, maybe a piece of property before the actual move, but would wait till my kid graduates to make the move permanent. However I know a lot can change in 9-10 years, but it still never hurts to plan ahead! Thanks for the advice!

Missoula has a good medical facilities. Butte has a petroleum engineering dept. at Mt tech. Better hunting and fishing between Bozo and Missoula. There isn't much left west of Missoula but wolf hunting. Bozeman has a surplus of grizzlies. How's that for plus?

9 years before we would make the move permanent, I never said we wouldn't buy before then. 9 years goes quick, and I would like to have all my ducks in a row financially before then.
Yes, I think I covered that in the first statement.
Uuum, to save 6-8 hours of drive time to the trailhead?
There is that for sure! Also don’t have to plow hundreds of yards to get to the road. I just got sick of my neighbors so I probably sound a bit jaded...😂

Just was through southwest Montana, might as well join the crowds moving to the Big Sky and Bozeman areas....seems everyone is doing it. Can't imagine what the real estate costs now and what it will look like in 9 years. Not sure if I should be said for the original locals or happy (happy, as it seems the economy has probably improved)

I live in Cheyenne and it is nice to go to foco Or Denver for cultural and big city stuff but there are LOTS of people on the front range And outdoor opportunities are”competitive”.
my son just moved to Livingston, mt and my wife already wants to move there. It’s pretty, few people, next to a college town and outdoor opportunities are less competitive but if your wife needs the big city you are hosed. Snow is snow but springtime mud is another thing. MT for sure.

Back