Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Montana muley hunt

Danny1788

Kind of changed directions with my hunt this year. So now I am thinking of hunting MT for mule deer in region 7 on block managment property. So does anyone know any good public land area to hunt in region 7? Like before not looking for a trophy just a decent/ fun mule deer hunt. Any info would be great or if you know anybody that lives in that area point them my direction.

Between block, state, and blm you should find deer. Stay away from the large area north of Ashland that all burned this year. Get a gps that shows where you are. Sometimes those little 1 or 2 sections that are accessible but otherwise surrounded by private can hold deer. ESP in November when the bucks are in cruise control.

Totally agree with Stu. I hunt 70,000+ private acres with public blocks throughout. Some of the public blocks can be driven to but are unmarked. Most of the deer I see don't have maps and some times end up on the public. The landowners are watching so be danged sure of your location.

Hey, Danny, there's a ton of public land in Region 7. Custer Nat'l Forest is there. A lot of BLM acreage in Region 7, as well. And the CMR Refuge holds tons of deer, as well, but special regulations. That whole part of the state holds deer. You'll have a fun hunt. Didn't BigFin do a whole show on hunting bucks in Region 7 on public land? Always a good time. Good luck!

Last edited:
Yeah I watched that one, and my hunt fell through in Wy this year so I am looking else where looks like a good place to find a buck and have a fun hunt. Might give it a try this year. Anybody know any good places to hunt around powderville?

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafu1
Back