Montana Mule Deer Raffle

Just what we need. Someone holding two premium mule deer tags. mtmuley
The way I read it and in typical lawyer fashion it was hard to understand. If you draw the tag in the permitted area you still only shoot one deer out of that area.

The way I read it and in typical lawyer fashion it was hard to understand. If you draw the tag in the permitted area you still only shoot one deer out of that area.
But can use the raffle tag in another area? Kinda confusing. Either way sounds like you hold two deer tags. mtmuley

Reactions: DFS
But can use the raffle tag in another area? Kinda confusing. Either way sounds like you hold two deer tags. mtmuley
I applied for a deer tag this year, hindsight I wish I would have just bought points. If we keep hammering them during the rut a reckoning is coming and the whole state will head to limited entry. Region 4 going limited might break the back of the entire state.

I applied for a deer tag this year, hindsight I wish I would have just bought points. If we keep hammering them during the rut a reckoning is coming and the whole state will head to limited entry. Region 4 going limited might break the back of the entire state.
How long would you buy points in hopes that it gets better? I contemplated buying a point. I figured I didn't want to count on Montana FWP to make the unit I want to hunt better anytime soon. Already going the opposite way for years. mtmuley

How long would you buy points in hopes that it gets better? I contemplated buying a point. I figured I didn't want to count on Montana FWP to make the unit I want to hunt better anytime soon. Already going the opposite way for years. mtmuley
When MOGA gives up I will.

Explain. mtmuley
I think the state is headed for limited entry if we continue continue on our path of shooting every buck that walks during the rut. It has gotten to the point even big private land ranches are taking notice. It’s going to have to go limited entry if we continue to allow the rut hunting we do. When that happens Montana can be a mule deer factory and I will at some point want a tag. As far as MOGA goes they were the only one with any traction to help at least on my side of the state. I don’t care who does it but some one needs to.

I think the state is headed for limited entry if we continue continue on our path of shooting every buck that walks during the rut. It has gotten to the point even big private land ranches are taking notice. It’s going to have to go limited entry if we continue to allow the rut hunting we do. When that happens Montana can be a mule deer factory and I will at some point want a tag. As far as MOGA goes they were the only one with any traction to help at least on my side of the state. I don’t care who does it but some one needs to.
I was referring to LE areas that MOGA doesn't have much affect on. mtmuley

I applied for a deer tag this year, hindsight I wish I would have just bought points. If we keep hammering them during the rut a reckoning is coming and the whole state will head to limited entry. Region 4 going limited might break the back of the entire
I hope we aren’t headed for limited entry, but I agree that’s where we are headed if things don’t change. I have over 20 points and I’ll be buying a point this year. Things will probably never get better, but when it only costs us $15 for a point, I might as well build up points in the event that we ever do have some good limited permit areas. I realize it’s a likely possibility that I will never use my points.

Reactions: DFS
I hope we aren’t headed for limited entry, but I agree that’s where we are headed if things don’t change. I have over 20 points and I’ll be buying a point this year. Things will probably never get better, but when it only costs us $15 for a point, I might as well build up points in the event that we ever do have some good limited permit areas. I realize it’s a likely possibility that I will never use my points.
Theres some pretty solid areas with decent odds with that many points...?

I dont think its the mexican desert - but theres a lot of 150-170 bucks in those areas...

Not me. No confidence it will ever get better. Odds are long for the tag I want. It took 20 years for things to get bad in this unit. I am not waiting 20 more for it to get better. mtmuley

Like I said, I didn’t apply for a permit this year. I also have no problem eating tags.
How many places in America could you expect/hope to shoot a buck that big? 180 is huge. Doesnt happen often or commonly.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamms12oz
Back