Montana Mule Deer Mismanagement

I was recently told that the reason SE MT is in decline is drought. While Broadus did set it's all time lowest precip in 2020, it, in combination with 2021, isn't as bad as 87/88. I thought this was an interesting article on the area from back when there were deer.

But what do I know, just another ahole NR...
Thanks for sharing that some familiar names in the article.

I was recently told that the reason SE MT is in decline is drought. While Broadus did set it's all time lowest precip in 2020, it, in combination with 2021, isn't as bad as 87/88. I thought this was an interesting article on the area from back when there were deer.
Exactly - there's been droughts in that area off and on for eons. It's just a convenient distraction from the real issues.

How does one drive from Grass Range to Malta in the morning twilight see 12 groups of does no bucks. Then from Scobey through Circle to Terry and see one dink old warrior Ontario buck. I counted 24 groups of mule deer in my travels this afternoon. I'm just now sitting in Terry. Most of the deer were in people's hay stacks or in their yard but my lord. How sad the landscape looks anymore. Haven't seen 50 antelope I bet.

Thanks for culling the last of the Mohicans Ontario. Should've let him spread the seed.

My dad said the same thing to me this season. "When I was younger, the big groups of does always had an older buck with them. Now it's more common to see the older bucks alone with a single doe like the whitetails will do." He said the same thing - nicer bucks that hang out with doe groups end up dead.
Tell a 20-something male human with a window for sex of a few weeks each year and with a particular individual a window of only a few hours that it is a super dangerous activity. What percentage would opt out?

I'm coming to MT next year. Native license and guaranteed youth tags in hand. May spring for a few doe tags too. You guys need all the help you can get on the race to the bottom. I don't want to be left out. Shooting the first troll I see. If its brown it's down.

I'm coming to MT next year. Native license and guaranteed youth tags in hand. May spring for a few doe tags too. You guys need all the help you can get on the race to the bottom. I don't want to be left out. Shooting the first troll I see. If its brown it's down.
Will you stop in and hunt unlimited sheep first? I need help

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MJS4KIDS
Back