Caribou Gear

Montana Mule Deer HD 270 vs HD 300

RangerJack

Ive heard great things about both and seen quite a few photos of deer from 270. Does anybody have experience in 300? Any success photos or hunting photos where they passed deer up?
Thanks!

Yea I drew the 300-50 tag this year and am looking forward to it but am struggling finding much out about it.. Ive heard both sides though.. If you see a 160 you better take it, and ive heard if you hunt hard enough you can find a 180.. not sure what to expect. I do plan to hit it hard though..

Yea I drew the 300-50 tag this year and am looking forward to it but am struggling finding much out about it.. Ive heard both sides though.. If you see a 160 you better take it, and ive heard if you hunt hard enough you can find a 180.. not sure what to expect. I do plan to hit it hard though..

@alpinemule08, Spend the time and learn the area. As you stated, "hit it hard", and you will know what to expect come opening day. To me, a 160" class buck is a great mature deer for any area of MT and the 180 class'rs are very, very few and far between!

Good luck with your pursuit and be safe!

Mtnhunter1

@alpinemule08, Spend the time and learn the area. As you stated, "hit it hard", and you will know what to expect come opening day. To me, a 160" class buck is a great mature deer for any area of MT and the 180 class'rs are very, very few and far between!

Good luck with your pursuit and be safe!

Mtnhunter1
Thank you and I completely agree!

Fun hunt. No shortage of deer. 160” shouldn’t be a problem if you spend much time. There are better bucks than that in the unit.

Fun hunt. No shortage of deer. 160” shouldn’t be a problem if you spend much time. There are better bucks than that in the unit.
Yea ive hunted elk near there for years and finally decided to cruise in district 300 last november (mainly to look at the country for mule deer) and saw a few in that 130-150 class from the road. It will be a very unique deer hunt though. Living in NW MT, mule deer hunting is much different. another thing is I am unable to archery hunt it due to my elk tag i drew.. out of all these years not drawing, lightning struck twice.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back