Montana Mountain Goat- at wits end

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is why I have 26 points for WA goat, 62 years old, it may not happen for me. 28 for moose and 27 for sheep and the odds aren't any better, worse for sheep. You guys have it easy with 2.3% odds:)
Ouch! I hope you draw soon

i love this thread

Here’s my prediction: if Marshian is hunting now/over the weekend, he’ll kill a goat and return with a great story.
If he doesn’t get it done in the next few days, the unit is going to get Beartooth blasted with a winter storm and that’ll be that.
Don't forget your spicy asian noodles @Marshian. Gomer favorite when the Beartooth Blast arrives.

Fun/Funny thread. I had a small tear in my vestibule of my rain fly for a few years. My hunting partner tried to exit the tent but instead of going through the open part, smashed his head right through the small tear and just kept going. So he basically shanked the tent with his big cute head. Here he is pictured next to my duct tape patch job on the shanked tent. So I'm also in the market for a new tent now, too.

IMG_6035.jpeg

What a thread, I was hoping to see a kill photo at this point. The goats are about to get better hair but harder to get to and harder to see, IF the forecast is correct...

I started scanning this 18 page post a bit ago, then became too pissed off at all of it to finish. Well, it is Monday, I wasn't able to get out on the opener, and am buried at work waiting for this coming weekend to chase deer and elk and fill some tags. I am in a curmudgeonly mood, one would say, as I scanned it again to see if anyone actually filled the tag....
I don't get it. I guess using HT as a therapy forum is one way to go about it, but I am genuinely confused and frankly pissed off at this guy's approach.
  • Draws a likely one in a lifetime tag, and finds out goat hunting is hard work. Check.
  • Discovers backpack hunting can be uncomfortable and trashes a perfectly good HILLEBERG TENT......dude, you need therapy. If you are struggling that much, seek help. I work with a younger guy who is saving every penny to get good gear, hunts his ass off, puts in the effort, gets his butt kicked, fills a few tags, and is grateful for a good season. He would have acted like he won the lottery if he had a tent that nice to hunt out of. That was a little man-baby move and wasteful.
  • Why not stash some of the gear on your big loop hikes to save the weight and reduce fatigue?
  • Have a buddy join you for a few days to share the load and provide another set of glassing eyes and moral support?
Yeah, yeah, it's all been said, but good F-ing grief, you put in for the tag and got it! I am on year 22 for the big three, and when I hear so much whining, I want to throw things very far, and very hard. Goat hunting is my #1 goal tag BECAUSE of the awesome, gnarly country they call home.

I hope this gets turned around and he wakes up one morning, thinks "Huh, maybe I can get my ass up the hills and really hunt for a goat" and then actually fills the tag. But I am far from confident that will happen.

Reminds me of this quote: “Be grateful for what you already have while you pursue your goals. If you aren’t grateful for what you already have, what makes you think you would be happy with more?”

Rant over.

Not certain why he thought this crowd would be remotely sympathetic.
I feel like this crowd is about 10X as sympathetic as was deserved, and when that sympathy was ignored then it went about where it should have...
FWIW I'd take a pretty good online ribbing for a pin drop from @Greenhorn...as long as it wasn't in the form of a link.

I feel like this crowd is about 10X as sympathetic as was deserved, and when that sympathy was ignored then it went about where it should have...
FWIW I'd take a pretty good online ribbing for a pin drop from @Greenhorn...as long as it wasn't in the form of a link.
Encouraging yes, sympathetic not so. Slashing the tent in a tantrum set the stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back