Montana Moose In Wrong Area

I put in for a unit over by Dillon and the license agent transposed the numbers and I ended up with the wrong unit. I called everyone I could in the department and no one would help rectify the situation, so I had to go scout the area and see if I could salvage a hard to get permit.

After scouting the area in August, I did find Moose were in the area. Of course, when the season opened last Tuesday, none of the bulls I had seen were around. After several days of scouring the area, I saw a shooter bull and a juvenile bull with him.

they were 1000 yards away and across a marsh, but I had a roll of mule tape if I had to drag them to get where I could load the bull should I get him. We watched them for quite awhile before they moved into the woods. As we tried to decide what to do, the afternoon turned into evening and while I was looking for them to re-appear, this bull came out of the timber and started heading in our direction.

i got ready in case he came close to us and he did just that. He kept coming our direction at an oblique and I kept moving down the near side of the swamp and shot him at less than 200 yards as he was moving pretty fast for the timbered country on our side of the swamp.

When we got to him, he had fallen not 20 feet off of a road where we could get a truck to him to quarter him up and load him...

Looks like you did just fine after the clerical error. Way to stick with it to make it happen!

I'd be so pissed if I was you. That clerk should be on your sh!t list! Their screw up and look what happens. Hold them responsible.

Seriously though, you should make sure you give that clerk an earful.....of thanks! Lol

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back