Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Montana Hunters For Access Fundraiser - Jan 20th

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
Hey folks, if you are in the Miles City area on January 20th, here's an event you should go to. A new group, Montana Hunters For Access, is holding fundraiser. One of the organizers reached out and asked that I promote the event, which I'm happy to do.

From their website:

About Us​

Montana Hunters for Access (MHA) is an organization dedicated to preserving public access for hunters in the state. Our focus is on supporting the Block Management Program, a program run by Montana Fish, Wildlife, and Parks that compensates farmers, ranchers, and other landowners for permitting public access to their land, using funds from hunting license sales. However, this program is at risk due to poor behavior from some hunters and the high fees that outfitters and wealthy hunters are willing to pay for exclusive access to land. MHA is committed to advocating for the continuation and improvement of this important program.

Details at this link - https://montanahunteraccess.org/calendar

Screen Shot 2023-01-07 at 10.05.44 AM.png

This available online to place donations? If so, there a link? Great idea to share appreciation for BMA, private who permit access, etc.

Hello Everyone. My name is Matt Rinella. I am a founding member of Montana Hunters for Access. A group of Miles City sportsmen started this group out of concern Block Management is loosing ground to outfitters, Land Trust and other private interests intent on hoarding hunting opportunity. We are working hard to show appreciation to farmers and ranchers for remaining in Block Management. Please attend our fundraiser at Otium Brewing in Miles City on January 20 at 5 p.m. and/or go to montanahuntersccess.org and make a donation.

Thank you Randy and Matt and everyone involved. I’ll make a donation this evening!

Thanks for sharing, Randy. I heard about the idea and made the website for John, Matt, and the other folks in Miles City. A well-known HTer made the GIS map of BMAs that I featured on the site. I know many don't agree with Matt's hunt quietly stuff, but this is entirely separate from any of that, and I believe has some potential to make a real difference.

I'd love to hear any ideas you have to support block management, and I appreciate you all checking out the website.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giddyup64
Back