Montana general deer nonresident

NIdaho87

Ok Ive spent hours trying to figure out the Montana NR tag system and I’m a little confused and hoping for some answers.
First I was thinking since I missed the opportunity to buy a preference point earlier this year am I still able to buy a preference point when I enter the drawing? This will be for the NR general deer combo.
Second if by chance I draw, is the 600$+ the total fee or is there also a license fee? Really struggling with there website an obtaining ino on this. Im assuming there is also a license fee on top of the tag fee but can’t find the answer.
Appreciate any help or guidance

Yes, you can buy a PP when you apply in the spring. You buy you regular hunting license and other fees when you apply. That part is non-refundable.

Quick question, I'm trying to help my brother in Law from out of state get to applying here in MT but for me as a resident I've never had to consider this.
Do you pay for the license up front and then get reimbursed if not drawn. Or do you just pay the application fee then pay for the tag when drawn?

Quick question, I'm trying to help my brother in Law from out of state get to applying here in MT but for me as a resident I've never had to consider this.
Do you pay for the license up front and then get reimbursed if not drawn. Or do you just pay the application fee then pay for the tag when drawn?
Pay everything up front and get refunded if you don't draw.

Okay have another question. When applying as a party as nr it just asks for the name of the other person in your party but no license # or any other info. Then takes me to checkout. Is this normal? Does the system just put us together if my hunting partner enters the same info for me when he applies? Hope this is legible haha

Okay have another question. When applying as a party as nr it just asks for the name of the other person in your party but no license # or any other info. Then takes me to checkout. Is this normal? Does the system just put us together if my hunting partner enters the same info for me when he applies? Hope this is legible haha
Im assuming you are the group leader, if so when asked if Appling as a party check yes, you'll be asked if you are the leader check yes then you'll add group members names. You will be assigned a group number on your receipt. Give that number to your group. When they apply they'll check yes for party then check that they have a number and enter the number.

Im assuming you are the group leader, if so when asked if Appling as a party check yes, you'll be asked if you are the leader check yes then you'll add group members names. You will be assigned a group number on your receipt. Give that number to your group. When they apply they'll check yes for party then check that they have a number and enter the number.
Thanks! Makes sense now

Was just curious if anybody knew...My buddy and I both applied for MT. 2021 Non Resident General Deer License, and just saw we were rejected, bummer, but what do we do about the refund, Will Montana automatically refund it since we were not drawn, or do we have to request or fill out a refund form..Just curious if anyone knew how they worked. thanks!

Was just curious if anybody knew...My buddy and I both applied for MT. 2021 Non Resident General Deer License, and just saw we were rejected, bummer, but what do we do about the refund, Will Montana automatically refund it since we were not drawn, or do we have to request or fill out a refund form..Just curious if anyone knew how they worked. thanks!
They sent me a check for the refund on my unsuccessful apps last year.

They sent me a check for the refund on my unsuccessful apps last year.
Interesting they sent you a physical check huh? Did you pay for you application with A Check? We just used our CC online, but just curious if /when we might expect our refunds from MT. Thanks

Back