Montana Fentanyl and Meth. Mexican Drug Cartel Focus.

Specifically, how do you "focus on the demand" side in a way that already isnt being tried?

Theres no shortage of public dollars and resources going into the reservations.

Speaking specifically to the reservations I can’t say.

In general sense though I think overhaul what we do for early intervention and prevention needs to studied. We find out what’s working and what isn’t then revamp how attempt to prevent use. Look at demographics, research and relationships that’s have commonality among users and what interventions can be applied.

Well , here's where I expose myself as a heartless bitch . Those people you speak of ? Who fall victim to drugs ? Probably never had a chance anyway and can't be saved . Some people are just going to die young , mostly through stupidity . Drugs , or overeating , car accidents , whatever . So what ? How does their dying impact any of us ? Sure it affects their families , but thats all .
The only reason drugs are not already legal is ...... The law enforcement community makes a damn good living fighting a never ending war on drugs , and don't really care about the victims . The local police fight for money from the feds , same as the courts do , more arrests mean more federal money , more court cases mean more federal money . It's a con job from the top down .
Not sure I have anything I can say except I’m sorry you view some fellow humans that way. I’m not one of those who thinks the government is or can be the solution. We have a broken world that can’t be fixed until the King returns.

Last edited:
I’m for legalizing drugs. It isn’t perfect but except weed, drugs are illegal and that just isn’t working. I’d rather a legit company make the money on it rather than the cartel. Sadly, the reservation LE don’t really have much power. Look at the David Caresh (sp) thing. Feds DGAF what the res said. They Feds went in there, did what they wanted and mowed the Branch Dividians down. I didn’t like the Davidians either but what the feds did seemed wrong to me. I also agree it’s hard to take border politics out of this conversation.

The drugs short of fentanyl, I could be convinced to just end the war on drugs. Fentanyl is just so lethal if the dose is a tiny bit too much. My understanding is that is often mixed into other drugs as a cheap easy way to make them more potent, if that's the right word. How anyone trusts a drug dealer to exercise quality control is beyond me, but many do.

The war on drugs was started as I approached adulthood, all these years later we are no closer to winning the war, than when the war began. That should inform us a bit on how to proceed.

Speaking specifically to the reservations I can’t say.

In general sense though I think overhaul what we do for early intervention and prevention needs to studied. We find out what’s working and what isn’t then revamp how attempt to prevent use. Look at demographics, research and relationships that’s have commonality among users and what interventions can be applied.
Nothing is really "working" but there are certainly places (hot spots) that have this problem way worse than others. Nebraska has the lowest fentanyl death rate in the country. Im guessing its not because of their vast social services.

Nothing is really "working" but there are certainly places (hot spots) that have this problem way worse than others. Nebraska has the lowest fentanyl death rate in the country. Im guessing its not because of their vast social services.
You can cherry pick individual stats all you want to try to prove you point. Like saying that KY has one of highest rates because it lacks a robust network of social services.
Carry on if that floats your boat.

If only it worked that way.
Trouble is drug addicts don't live on some island with no consequences. They are among us, and their decisions kill or hurt innocent people all the time.
How ? You drive by these places with drugged up people laying all over , who are they killing ? Hopped up drug addicts on a crime spree is a fabrication for TV . It doesn't happen .

Secure the border. Stop the flow of chemicals from China, if China doesn’t want to help punish China. Then go after the cartels. Pull out all the stops. If the countries don’t want to help cut off all aid to them. Have every type of Operator go in and do a scorched earth policy for every cartel. In 2022 almost 74k people in the US died of fentanyl overdoses we’ve invaded countries for less “supposedly”.

How ? You drive by these places with drugged up people laying all over , who are they killing ? Hopped up drug addicts on a crime spree is a fabrication for TV . It doesn't happen.
I know of people who were killed by a person high on drugs. A man and his wife who were out for a walk were run over by a drug addict not far from where I live. The man lived; the wife got killed. So yes, drug addicts kill innocent people.

Secure the border. Stop the flow of chemicals from China, if China doesn’t want to help punish China. Then go after the cartels. Pull out all the stops. If the countries don’t want to help cut off all aid to them. Have every type of Operator go in and do a scorched earth policy for every cartel. In 2022 almost 74k people in the US died of fentanyl overdoses we’ve invaded countries for less “supposedly”.

The economic hit that would incur would probably loose the incumbent presidents and party’s reelection. They’d never do it. Too much money and power on the line

I was taking to a buddy who's a correction officer last night, we have MS13 members in our prisons here in Saskatchewan. That most certainly means they're out and about, on top of our home grown gangs.

We have huge drug issues too and fentanyl has become a big problem. I've responded to quite a few drug related calls with my VFD, in butt fack nowhere Saskatchewan...

Oh and syphilis is so bad that we have adds about it on the f'n radio...

I was taking to a buddy who's a correction officer last night, we have MS13 members in our prisons here in Saskatchewan. That most certainly means they're out and about, on top of our home grown gangs.

We have huge drug issues too and fentanyl has become a big problem. I've responded to quite a few drug related calls with my VFD, in butt fack nowhere Saskatchewan...

Oh and syphilis is so bad that we have adds about it on the f'n radio...
We have the syphilis on radio and billboards here in Montana also. It seemed odd the billboards showed up 3 months after having all our apprentices here for a training weekend

We have the syphilis on radio and billboards here in Montana also. It seemed odd the billboards showed up 3 months after having all our apprentices here for a training weekend

So here's the question, did syphilis creep down to MT or up to SK?

Which one of you dirty Montanans gave us Miss Siff?

EDIT: Stay off the Border issue. This is in a Place For Friends... OFF TOPIC sub forum. About mitigating the issue IN Montana.
How to counter the issue focused on the complexities of sovereign tribal nations and the consequences of tribal and spill over off tribal land.

Sure, place your reports to Randy though again, this is not Political NOR border based... If you can't manage your ability to not open / post in a topic you don't personally find off topic notable... Report away...

Epicenter for disaster. Prime locations for Cartel focus:

The U.S. challenge?... The Montana challenge?... The Tribal Challenge?...

“When we don’t have the boots on the ground and people aren’t being held accountable, it really becomes the Wild, Wild West,” said Laslovich, the U.S. attorney. “I think you see that in Indian Country, here in Montana, more than we should.”

Complicating matters further, the reservations are sovereign nations where local law enforcement is restricted from operating without an agreement with the tribe. Even when agreements are in place, local and state authorities are often barred from arresting tribal members. And the tribal police officers are largely prohibited from arresting outsiders on the reservation.

It adds up to a jurisdictional maze that hampers crime fighting at a time when drugs are ravaging Indian communities, current and former law enforcement officials say."

Make it legal and the problem will sort itself out.

How ? You drive by these places with drugged up people laying all over , who are they killing ? Hopped up drug addicts on a crime spree is a fabrication for TV . It doesn't happen .
This couldn’t be more false, guess who’s out stealing your sh*t at night? Who’s breaking into business? People kill each other over a blue pill worth about twenty bucks a pop. To say it doesn’t happen is ignorant.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back