Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Montana Breaks Rifle Tag - Any Advice?

They need to see some moisture soon. I saw some created wheat grass this pass weekend that was headed out at only 2.5” tall.

Congrats and it gives my 11 p points some hope.
I have hunted the breaks for cows and deer almost every year of the last 10.
By rifle season the bigger guys may move off into hiding holes. Certainly larger herds of cows may stay on the irrigated and outfitted grounds.
I have seen people get a monster on opening morning or spend 10 days and not find any. I have also seen people drive themselves so crazy with pressure that they elect to punch out on a rag horn.
I do know some contacts ifn ya like.

Pic is last year of a cow my brother was stalking that I got to watch from the truck.
Bulls were on backside of ridge and busted him. Usually the other way around. Was fun to watch his three hour stalk. I was about 900 yards away.

Attachments

• F23A802E-A0FC-46D1-9F79-8B1EED06C79D.jpeg
    F23A802E-A0FC-46D1-9F79-8B1EED06C79D.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 47
Congrats on the tag! Myself and a few friends drew the archery tag. I'll try to leave a 360 or 2.
Congrats on the tags, to be honest, from what I’ve seen hunting mule deer in that area in November I can’t imagine not being able put down a some toads. Not uncommon to see bulls over 300 nearly every day out there. I could send you a bunch of pins..
I hate to lurch on someone else post here, but I’ve been trying to gather intel on the area myself.. last year I stayed a few days at fourchette bay, and saw some cows n calves. Went and stayed last two days just above the James kipp a few miles and felt I was just too close to slippery Ann to find any animal that doesn’t know about the no shooting zone… haha I don’t necessarily need pins with your sacred spots, but any advice on the 3 HDs and preference? I figure stay closer to water, and I prefer timber personally. Any info is greatly appreciated.! Thanks in advance

I hate to lurch on someone else post here, but I’ve been trying to gather intel on the area myself.. last year I stayed a few days at fourchette bay, and saw some cows n calves. Went and stayed last two days just above the James kipp a few miles and felt I was just too close to slippery Ann to find any animal that doesn’t know about the no shooting zone… haha I don’t necessarily need pins with your sacred spots, but any advice on the 3 HDs and preference? I figure stay closer to water, and I prefer timber personally. Any info is greatly appreciated.! Thanks in advance
Which 3 HDs? Happy to try to help. You can pm me or respond here.

From Slippery Ann earlier this year. Just some stoke for the fire.

Attachments

• 8240AA05-97D6-42D5-8EBB-ECE56F4D58E0.jpeg
    8240AA05-97D6-42D5-8EBB-ECE56F4D58E0.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 48
Closer bull has some interesting headgear.

Attachments

• DC5C637B-8B4F-4D04-BA6E-9B980F8833AA.jpeg
    DC5C637B-8B4F-4D04-BA6E-9B980F8833AA.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 60
Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back