Montana bear hunters?

mtmiller

If you are interested in a bear hunt in Montana you must pass the bear identification test on the Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks hunting page.

http://www.fwp.state.mt.us/hunting/hunting.htm

When the test is completed, just print out the certificate and you are ready to purchase your bear tag.

If you want a hard copy of the test, the state can mail an application. The web site can provide additional information.

Spring season starts April 15. giddy-up... (sorry, watching Seinfeld)

I guess I might shoot a grizzly by mistake sometime, but I got the certificate. I can't believe Montana has certified me for something. :rolleyes:

My guess is the FWP is putting this out as a requirement to appease many of the tree-hugging bearkissing activists that are opposed to Spring bear hunting. Maybe they are attempting to remove some liability for some of the jack-offs that shot grizzlies every year thinking they are a black bear. The stupid test sure is better than being suprised by a closure of Spring bear hunting like a few other places have seen. I suppose anything might help a bit.

Moosie boy, as gay as you are... you are a perfect example of a good bear hunter that wouldn't ever shoot a grizzly. Not that I have anything against plugging a grizzly, but you'd know it before you pulled the trigger anyway.

Hmm, that test was pretty straightforward. I can't imagine shooting a griz for a black bear. I scored 100%, but have never been bear hunting.

Oak

Wow! I surprised myself! Even I scored a 93%!! Those were some beautiful pics!

LMAO! Delw, you got nothing on me!!! :D

John

I got 100%. They should show more confusing pictures---soaking wet bears, bears covered with snow from a Spring storm, bears going away.

Actually, it's easy to tell a grizzly bear in the wild. Something about them always makes my hair stand on end and about a quart of adrenaline go thru my system instantly. Black bears don't do that to me.

LOOKS LIKE I AM CERTIFIABLE!!

We have quite a few of both around our cabin near the SW corner of the park. The little black ones that run away from you are the blacks and the bigger brown ones that run toward you and toward gun shots are the Gizzlies!

ELKCHASER :eek: :eek:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back