Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Montana Alternates Lists

Does anyone know how many surplus combo tags were filled last year or the year before? This is my first time on the combo surplus list and I was at #140 but went to #1815 after the redraw. Based on what I have read in previous threads I probably don't have a chance but you never know. (positive thinking)

normally the deer combo alternates list has about 200-300 returned . Last year there was more cuz every deer tag from the big game combos that got returned when to people on the deer combo alternates list cuz they did Not re issue any returned elk tags/combos cuz they over sold elk tags in the spring of 2019. so thats why some guys in the 600s got deer combos last fall. this year its returned to normal and theres a alternates list for deer combos big game combos and elk combos, anything outside of 300 on deer combos i wouldnt make plans

As a non resident, I'm sitting on 2 years in a row not drawing a combol tag (I did draw 3 years ago). With the preference points built up next year I should be able to draw. I didn't have much luck on the alternate list either im sitting in the 500's. Im thinking its too high, but hoping I somehow get the call.

I think they are now through 200 on the big game elk deer combo. Past 350 is a long shot. Not sure about the elk only combo.

normally the deer combo alternates list has about 200-300 returned . Last year there was more cuz every deer tag from the big game combos that got returned when to people on the deer combo alternates list cuz they did Not re issue any returned elk tags/combos cuz they over sold elk tags in the spring of 2019. so thats why some guys in the 600s got deer combos last fall. this year its returned to normal and theres a alternates list for deer combos big game combos and elk combos, anything outside of 300 on deer combos i wouldnt make plans
Thanks for the information.

Today I was able to finally talk to someone in Licensing from Montana Game and Fish. I was told they already contacted the first 180 folks on the Deer Combo list offering them a chance to buy. My brother sits at 230 so I expect him to get the email within the next 10 days.
JD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back