MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Montana 621 ??????????

Hntnhrd

Anyone have any info on this unit. I hunted the unit directly to the east last year with a buddy who had a 680/690 bull tag. Another friend drew this tag this year ( I only have three friends so this is pretty good odds!!!!)
He also drew another great Montana tag this year so he will be strapped for time. Just trying to gather as much info as possible.
Thanks hope no one is stuck in the fires we have going right now.

If I had that tag I'd spend 3-5 good full days scouting and kill the bull you wanted on opening day.

Between the deer hunters, cow hunters, etc. things get stirred up real bad. Later in the season was not better from what I could see, matter of fact, the later it got in the year the fewer and fewer elk we saw.

I cant imagine its changed that much except for the worse.

We saw lots of bulls in the 280-320 range...sometimes several a day. Saw 3 bulls that I thought were 330-340 and one that was no question over 350.

If just killing a six point is the goal...piece of cake. If killing a bull over 340 is the goal...you have your work cut out for you and you'll likely have to spend some time to do it...they arent behind every juniper.

Have heard that about this hunt Scout hard and kill early. The tag holder has only killed one bull in his life so I am guessing the first decent 300 + 6 point will catch lead. Unfortunately ( or fortunatley ) he also has a goat tag so time will be a limiting factor also. Thanks for the info.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jd Gardner
Back