monsoons

Poured from Magdalena to Datil.
Just finished here after started @4pm.
Beat from drive into Alb & back.
Eye exams . Have cataracts in both eyes and got slipped in for surgery next month.
Head back manana for teef...

Rio is not happy.

Poured from Magdalena to Datil.
Just finished here after started @4pm.
Beat from drive into Alb & back.
Eye exams . Have cataracts in both eyes and got slipped in for surgery next month.
Head back manana for teef...

Rio is not happy.
Been cool and cloudy last two days, today was with some good rain in White Rock. Maybe more on the way, hope some hit the fire up near Dulce.

Hope your cataract surgery goes as well as mind did. They put a toric lens in to correct my astigmatism. My cataract was what they call a traumatic cataract - I was the kid that got shot in the eye with a bb gun, then four years later got poked real hard in the eye in a basketball game. My iris was stuck to my lens, so no dilation in that eye.

Now, I border on 20/15 in the repaired eye, so I am 20/20 with the two eyes working together (left is a bit less than 20/20). But near vision is not the best, have readers stashed all over the house...

David
NM

Been cool and cloudy last two days, today was with some good rain in White Rock. Maybe more on the way, hope some hit the fire up near Dulce.

Hope your cataract surgery goes as well as mind did. They put a toric lens in to correct my astigmatism. My cataract was what they call a traumatic cataract - I was the kid that got shot in the eye with a bb gun, then four years later got poked real hard in the eye in a basketball game. My iris was stuck to my lens, so no dilation in that eye.

Now, I border on 20/15 in the repaired eye, so I am 20/20 with the two eyes working together (left is a bit less than 20/20). But near vision is not the best, have readers stashed all over the house...

David
NM
I was the kid that got hit by a rock in the eye on the playground.
It was the one place my bro never hit me with the bb gun.

No stigmatism. Some good floaters...LOL

DR said simple lens replacement then readers like before. Since I was 40,1.75's, 2's for fine work.
Must have used 6 machines in 3 dept.s That fixed the wandering eye already.
Good dilation in both eyes.

Just stopped raining.
12 hrs, off on on.
Heavy at times.
Insane lightning.
Power went off & on, til I gave up. In bed by 8pm.

Rio is NOT happy. He really hates thunder & lightning.

But I gotta leave him at home again and head out around 10am.
Hope it dries out some by then.
I could hear the guy bring in a load of rock and pack the road at 5pm yesterday.
Oh boy...

..and I get to play dodge the bobbling Biden to get in & out of Albacrackie.

.66 inches overnight.
My road is a mess.
Canceled the trip to town.
Too many closures when I need to use MY hwys.
I'll go manana when the clown show is gone.

Hope I can get out tomorrow. LOL
More rain here today this afternoon.
Sounds like a nap is coming.

I was just on the edge of yesterdays ABQ storm so I didn't get the bulk of it but I filled 550 gallons in the cistern! Cant wait to spread it around when it immediately dries back out

Got out in 4x4.
A grader and a bellydump full of rock base parked at the end of the road waiting for dry out.
Played dodge elk all the way to Datil.
Glad I left Rio ,it was hot in town. Long day.
Came home thru the Malpais after the play dodge trucks on 40.
Elk out feeding @4pm.
Hit the rain on York ranch. All the way to my road.
Followed the grader in to my gate and waved as I went in.

More rains through the weekend here.
More rock base on the road.
Elk tracks everywhere.
Rio & I will head to store and hole up for the duration.
Long day next Wed.

Front moving through going to push out all the high pressure sitting over the gulf. SE is getting ready for a dumping the next few weeks and here comes the hurricanes.

Willing to bet NM sees a good chunk of moisture from the system in the SW GOM by next week.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tomcat1984
Back