Mohave Green Rattler in Wyoming?

Looks like a Mojave Green to me as well...I used to live in the Antelope Valley in California (the mojave green capital of the world). They are indeed the nastiest rattlers out there.

Looks like a Mojave Green to me as well...I used to live in the Antelope Valley in California (the mojave green capital of the world). They are indeed the nastiest rattlers out there.
California is where I saw them too. But in a cage at the Range Control at Camp Pendleton, California. Never where I can view it long. And not enough to be sure the identification was correct or incorrect in the picture I posted. I have seen a lot of diamondbacks over the years but not a whole of prairie rattle snakes.

Prairie rattlers will taste just like any other rattler.
They all get a pass from us. Just move them to a better location, they are great rat and mice control.
Note the coloration difference in these 2 snakes, one had shed the other was pretty dull. We see lots of the greenish colored prairie rattlers, that is not a mojave.
By the way these snake tongs work great, very gentle on the snakes.
DSCN0559 copy.jpg

DSCN0567 copy.jpg

These bad boys are why I only belly crawled around the desert chasing antelope in August once.

I don't do snakes in any way, shape or form! Hard pass.

Grizzlies everywhere in Wyoming and now venomous rattlesnakes? Wyoming is definitely the most dangerous place on earth and everyone should avoid it, especially during the hunting season!!! :eek:

Going to school in Laramie I NEVER saw Rattlers. On our job site in Rawlins 90 miles away we've seen 16 in two weeks. Damn near stepped on one last week walking to my truck.

Attachments

• IMG_20200804_163109.jpg
    IMG_20200804_163109.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 36
Grizzlies everywhere in Wyoming and now venomous rattlesnakes? Wyoming is definitely the most dangerous place on earth and everyone should avoid it, especially during the hunting season!!! :eek:
There ya go LOL. Help keep them terrorist...err....tourist types out.

Going to school in Laramie I NEVER saw Rattlers. On our job site in Rawlins 90 miles away we've seen 16 in two weeks. Damn near stepped on one last week walking to my truck.
LOL they are more prevalent than people realize. They have near perfect camo so people don't see them, plus rattle snakes are pretty active when it's cooler and not so hot.

This one did me a favor last week. One more step down and I would have stepped on him if not for him rattling. By the time I chased my wife down to get her phone for the pic, he decided to find a more pieceful venue. NE Wyoming.20200728_143208.jpg

Nice horned lizard, horny toad as we knew them down south.

Been hunting wyoming since 2012 haven't seen a prairie rattler yet, thankfully. Have walked all over just assumed they're not in the area I hunt. Which is nice since in Florida your walking with your head down most the time looking for critters. I've walked up on pygmy rattlers, diamondback, timber rattlers, water moccasins and gators. In an area around Suwannee River one year we walked up on six timber rattlers in one afternoon scouting, left and never hunted.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back