Model 70 Extreme Weather SS & Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP Mrad Reticle

LandDiver

So I've been kind of watching this gun for a while now. Originally he had it listed for $2,000. I texted him about it and he said $1,800 right now. Didn't sell and he took it off for a few months. Now he has relisted it for $1,650.

Says less then a 100 rounds fired.
Winchester Model 70 Extreme Weather SS 7mm Rem Mag.
Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP Mrad Reticle.

Good deal for what he's asking?

I have the exact gun, it's a tack driver! I paid I think $1100 for my gun, maybe slightly higher when they first became available!

Do you know if it's a gen I or gen II PST, and which mrad reticle?

Would you use it as it, or would you be looking to replace anything?

I would use it as is. The only thing I would change would be a LimbSaver recoil pad. Wife reminded me yesterday about me being able to get a rifle.

I will surely ask about those 2 things you mentioned though.

I've never owned a rifle, so this would be my first one. I also don't know a lot of guns, so I appreciate all of you who have helped with all of my questions regarding hunting.

LandDiver,

I am a Huge fan of the Winchester m70, in all it's iterations. They tend to be quite accurate and reliable. 7RM will do whatever you need it to. So you know. That rifle used by itself would probably sell for $1000 +/- a bit. A Gen 1 PST would probably be $400-500 used, Gen2 probably $600-650 used. The only other question I would ask the guy is why he is selling it. So, in my personal opinion, if it's a gen 1 PST, I'd offer him $1400 and see what he says. If it's a gen 2, I'd jump on it for $1650. Especially if it's an EBR2 Mrad reticule.

Is he willing to sell the rifle without the scope? That scope would not be my first choice for a hunting rifle. A FFP scope for hunting does take some getting used to and IMO is not necessary for most hunting situations. I do own one FFP but own about a dozen or so SFP scopes with duplex reticles. The SFP scopes such as a Leupold VX-3 with CDS are my go to hunting scopes...simple reticle that's easy to see in low light and can dial for a longer shot if needed.

IMO, Someone might have saved you.seemed like it might have been on the verge of being a bad deal. You will find another bare rifle, and if you are serious about shooting longer ranges you could throw on a SWFA SS scope (better turret system than the PSTs), or if you are going to be using for normal hunting ranges 100-400yds, throw on a VX-3i.

For your first rifle, I'd lean to something more mainstream and with less recoil. Ammo will be cheaper which means practice will be cheaper. Less recoil means you'll want to shoot more and are less likely to learn bad habits or develop a flinch. If you don't have a 22 rifle, get one.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back