Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Missouri Breaks 410 Archery

Weather looks like crap. Roads will be real greasy. Im gunna still try it but staying on gravel

Willows

Does anyone know what the willow growth is like on the islands from the U.L Bend back upstream ?

Where is a good area to set up camp in November in this unit? We will be staying in a wall tent. Heading out there Nov 13-22 looking for Mule deer, and a cow elk. I was thinking about setting up on the Tin Can Road

I got out before daylight this morning. Cool and rained just enough to be a mess on the gumbo. Lotsa elk moving but the forecast is rain again tomorrow. Certainly has cut down on the usual parade of 4wheelers running all over the hills. Best news is no skeeters! Nary an insect to be seen today.
Good luck everyone.

Where is a good area to set up camp in November in this unit? We will be staying in a wall tent. Heading out there Nov 13-22 looking for Mule deer, and a cow elk. I was thinking about setting up on the Tin Can Road

I would be east of Jitney as those roads are gravel and at least you can get out when it storms. Used to love that area, but it has been found and is a chit show now. Used to be my honey hole. Good luck.... 90% of the elk will be pushed onto the private ranches. Maybe it is different during rifle (I don't rifle hunt) season and the elk have calmed down and moved back to block management/BLM with less tags/people, but I am sure there are plenty of deer hunters. I would look elsewhere to hunt in 410, unless you like hunting fence lines in the hopes they will come off private. I used to rarely see anyone in the field out there, now they are everywhere, driving down game retrieval roads, driving atv's down into coulees and bulging sitting on them. It's a bummer. Excited now?

I would be east of Jitney as those roads are gravel and at least you can get out when it storms. Used to love that area, but it has been found and is a chit show now. Used to be my honey hole. Good luck.... 90% of the elk will be pushed onto the private ranches. Maybe it is different during rifle (I don't rifle hunt) season and the elk have calmed down and moved back to block management/BLM with less tags/people, but I am sure there are plenty of deer hunters. I would look elsewhere to hunt in 410, unless you like hunting fence lines in the hopes they will come off private. I used to rarely see anyone in the field out there, now they are everywhere, driving down game retrieval roads, driving atv's down into coulees and bulging sitting on them. It's a bummer. Excited now?

I do see a lot of guys bulging while sitting on their 4 wheelers.

Sorry I couldn't resist.

Haha. I had a nice bull get busted out by a big guy on a 4 wheeler doing that same while I was stalking it in its bed in621.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wyohandscold
Back