Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Missoula area Gunsmith?!??!`

MKotur325

Hey all in the area. Just returned from the supposed Final range day before rifle season and my Winchester m70 is now needing some work. No idea how, but my Model 70 isn't holding the firing pin back on closing the bolt. Not sure if it's something with the spring or trigger. I can run my .308 for the season if needed, but would like to get this my Winchester up and runing. Anyone have any recommendations for a Quality, Reputable gunsmith in the Missoula area to work on my M70?

Anything helps, and Thanks in advance!

I've had great experiences with Bass's. The only one I've ever had bad experience with or heard bad about is Accu-arms.

I've used accuarms in the past with no problems but switched to Bass's on my last brake I had installed. He did a fine job.

if Bass is backed up a couple weeks, Accuarms will be backed up a couple months based on my experience. Accuamrms does good work, just really expensive and slow.

Does it release the pin as you close the bolt?

About half the time it has been releasing the pin as I close the bolt. It't not like, drop the bolt handle and hear a click, it seems more like the pin isn't being reset or held back when the bolt opens. My first thought was either something with the trigger spring:confused: or more likely something with the trigger assembly... specifically the sear. That being said, I'd be in over my head to try and do anything about it on my own...

Back