Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Missing 411 the hunted

I get pretty enthralled in those wondering what makes people end up in weird places. I’ve been turned around before, but never to the point I thought I was gonna panic or make bad decisions. Some of them are just strange.

Been a big fan of the missing 411 series sense the beginning. I've read every book he wrote 4 before the missing hunter's book. At first it was interesting and I thought there might be something to this the more i read and watched the more it begin to lose its shine. Here's a list of my complaints not in any order

1) he wrote 4 books saying nobody has ever gone missing if they were carrying either a weapon or a personal locator device. Book 5 nothing but people with guns and personal locators going missing.
2) Makes a big deal of the national parks not keeping a master list of people who went missing in parks and the government being difficult about releasing records and acts like this is due to some conspiracy. Um anyone who's ever worked or dealt with the federal government shouldn't be shocked at this.
3) Never actually says what he thinks is happening IMO because he knows if he picks something he'll lose out on sales. By not saying he can sell to Bigfoot nuts, ufo nuts, or just plain old nut nuts who can then use it as "evidence" to support their theories.
4) He often misrepresents the facts he claims all cases where foul play is suspected are thrown out. Yet in his second film they feature the Deorr Kuntz case. While I won't say his parents definitely did it there's way to much shadey stuff in that case foul play should not be ruled out. And if he did rule it out he's a crap investigator.

My conclusion is he's a sub par writer who came up with a genius money making idea. Most of his writing is just compiling and re wording official records. For sure some weird cases he covers but it's clouded by several less then mysterious cases being misrepsented.

Been a big fan of the missing 411 series sense the beginning. I've read every book he wrote 4 before the missing hunter's book. At first it was interesting and I thought there might be something to this the more i read and watched the more it begin to lose its shine. Here's a list of my complaints not in any order

1) he wrote 4 books saying nobody has ever gone missing if they were carrying either a weapon or a personal locator device. Book 5 nothing but people with guns and personal locators going missing.
2) Makes a big deal of the national parks not keeping a master list of people who went missing in parks and the government being difficult about releasing records and acts like this is due to some conspiracy. Um anyone who's ever worked or dealt with the federal government shouldn't be shocked at this.
3) Never actually says what he thinks is happening IMO because he knows if he picks something he'll lose out on sales. By not saying he can sell to Bigfoot nuts, ufo nuts, or just plain old nut nuts who can then use it as "evidence" to support their theories.
4) He often misrepresents the facts he claims all cases where foul play is suspected are thrown out. Yet in his second film they feature the Deorr Kuntz case. While I won't say his parents definitely did it there's way to much shadey stuff in that case foul play should not be ruled out. And if he did rule it out he's a crap investigator.

My conclusion is he's a sub par writer who came up with a genius money making idea. Most of his writing is just compiling and re wording official records. For sure some weird cases he covers but it's clouded by several less then mysterious cases being misrepsented.

I saw the one with the kid Deorr also. I can't help but think that something is definitely off with that family. And the friend of the grandfather was a very strange individual.

The story I saw of Aaron hedges before missing 411 told a completely different tale. That he was an alcoholic trying to quit, had liquor at that stash since he lost his off the mule, and didn’t care about the sleeping bag, that he had gotten into an argument with his two buddies and they didn’t want to deal with him, that the whole place is checkerboard, (confirmed) and that they shot a bull on private and didn’t want to tell that part until later, for which they were cited. I could agree that he left some or all of that out as speculation or that it would add a different perspective and effect sales

The story I saw of Aaron hedges before missing 411 told a completely different tale. That he was an alcoholic trying to quit, had liquor at that stash since he lost his off the mule, and didn’t care about the sleeping bag, that he had gotten into an argument with his two buddies and they didn’t want to deal with him, that the whole place is checkerboard, (confirmed) and that they shot a bull on private and didn’t want to tell that part until later, for which they were cited. I could agree that he left some or all of that out as speculation or that it would add a different perspective and effect sales
There is definitely some better info out there on the Crazies case. Much of it directly from the Park Co Sheriff's office. I like the missing 411 but was disappointed accurate info was omitted.

There is definitely some better info out there on the Crazies case. Much of it directly from the Park Co Sheriff's office. I like the missing 411 but was disappointed accurate info was omitted.

Anything for ratings.

The YouTube channel “the enigma” (or something like that) had a really good video on that case.

Watching this there was quite a bit that I thought could be easily explained away, other parts not so much.

Watching the one tonight with a few of the young kids that went missing. Gut wrenching as hell.
Definitely. The Dennis Martin case is terrible! Guy took his kids and dad on a hike let them play hide and seek in a clearing a hundred feet from him at lunch. Kids never seen again! How does a kid vanishes while playing with 3 other kids and at least 3 adults watching and nobody hears or sees a thing? As a parent who takes his kids out regular on hikes that is my worst nightmare.

Deorr Kuntz well like I said before no way I'm ruling foul play out.

The Jaryd Atadero case is very tragic but much more understandable how he went missing as he clearly didn't have proper adult supervision at the time. The mystery of his case is more in where and how they found the body. His clothes and skull where found on a small ledge hundreds of feet up the side of a extreme slope found by a rock climber. They had to use repelling gear to get in there and retrieve the remains. When you see the spot the official explanation that a mountain lion drug him up there makes sense that or a eagle (and at 30lb don't think a eagle couldpick him up)would be about the only thing using that crevice. But when you see his clothes that theory falls apart they're perfect no rips no blood just fading. Unless that mountain lion has learn to undress someone no way. I've considered that the cat may have possibly sprung on him killing him quickly by possibly breaking the neck with little blood drug him up there then was scared away by the search. While that may explain the lack of shredded clothes it has it's own holes. If someone decomposed in their clothing not only would there be obvious signs on the clothing but you would assume they'd find more bones then just the skull. Finding the clothes and shoes in a neat pile with just the skull sitting next to it is extremely odd and dosen't really fit anything I can come up with.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back