Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Miracle Mile Surf and Turf

Summitthunting

I'm headed up near the Mile with my 4yr old son and my father-in-law to do a little antelope hunting and hopefully some fishing. Anybody have any tips for a few lowly spin fishermen. I've fished the Mile years ago but never this late. Also does anyone know if there is a good road to get from the mile over west to buzzard road. Thanks

This time of year the browns are suckers for some big nightcrawlers hooked so as to wiggle a lot. They'll also go for an X4 or X5 flatfish with frog spots fished really slow, but I have seen them get a case of lock jaw and not bite anything; you know how fish are. If you had a boat you could go up in the canyon near the Seminoe dam and troll for rainbows along the high wall with flatfish. You can launch at the campground.

Last edited:
I used to fish the Miracle Mile back in the '70s when I lived in Cheyenne. I caught numerous rainbows casting a bottled salmon egg on a No. 8 hook with a split shot 18" above the hook...just short casts. Also caught a few browns on Mepps spinners.

Was there last year at about this time. Seemd like there were still lots of fisherman out doing thier thing in the river. Propably at least half the campers were just fishing as far as I could tell. Have fun.

I was in the the Casper Sportsman Warehouse two weekends ago and the fishing report for Alcova was pink powerbait or marshmellows if bait fishing is your thing. I don't remember what the recommendation was for the river.

I will be down there next week with my boys and plan to do a little surf and turf as well.

Good Luck!

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T_allen7
Back