Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Mineral/salt lick for bears?

i know of two places where elk dig up the grond and rocks. dont know what they are digging for but i call them natural licks. would like to know if anyone else has seen this. elk use these two places year round. one is next to a dirt road the other is five miles in. the one on the dirt road is hunted alot! the other only a few know about.Anyone have any ideas what there doing digging up dirt and rocks?

We have run across old licks where we hunt which used to have range cattle on and the critters have really torn stuff up at the old salt licks.

i know of two places where elk dig up the grond and rocks. dont know what they are digging for but i call them natural licks. would like to know if anyone else has seen this. elk use these two places year round. one is next to a dirt road the other is five miles in. the one on the dirt road is hunted alot! the other only a few know about.Anyone have any ideas what there doing digging up dirt and rocks?

Link? I searched the idaho fish and game site and only came up with this: http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/public/media/viewNewsRelease.cfm?newsID=2220 its says you can't bait elk or deer, but doesnt mention salt or mineral for bears.

Whoa...I missed the bears part, I just assumed it was elk, as that is what I have heard that done the most for. I hadn't heard of salt for bears.

I've also come across old salt lick sites. Especially in central Idaho where they have a lot of free ranging cattle. But don't think people still don't put them out either, people will do just about anything to try and gain an upper hand...except just work hard for it.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back