MIL reticle scope suggestion

wheels

looking into MIL srifle scopes any suggestion trying to stay sub 1k thanks

Leupold TMR is pretty basic and you can into it for less than 1K.
Nightforce MIL r is better and you can get an SHV F1 for about a grand.
Vortex EBR 2c is a good reticle and you can get into the PST Gen 2 for about a grand.
Bushnells GAP reticle is really good and you can find a 1st gen DMR for less than 1K.
I've used all of the above, and I liked the Bushnell reticle the best. Glass is about th same in all of them. The Vortex and Nightforce offer Illumination, which you
L need if you try to use these fine reticle sin low light.

Last edited:
Reactions: ZBB
I agree with both replies above. I have a leupold mk IV with the TMR, and I really like the reticle. For my next rifle whenever and whatever it is I’ll probably go with the EBR-2C from vortex as it looks like a poor mans H-59. I wouldn’t go with mil dots there just isn’t enough sub-tensions to hold effectively IMO. If you do decide to hold it might not make much of a difference but I would recommend either a mil/mil. My leupold has a mil reticle and one minute elevation adjustments, which can be a pain in the ass. Good luck on your search.
Zach

Don’t bother with a mil reticle unless you get a scope with mil dials. As stated above, it’s a pain in the ass

Best reticule I ever used was the old Redfield 4 plex. Next would be the Bosh-Loumb tapered reticle. I can live with a duplex but it's a chore!

I have a Bushnell ERS with a G2 reticle that is awesome but heavy. A used ERS or XRS could probably be found around $1000 with some looking. I have 3 SWFA scopes with the mil quad reticle and I find it great for a budget scope that isn’t nearly as heavy. The SWFA 10x is 19oz and the 3-15 I believe is 24oz. The Nightforce shv would be a great scope as well and is better in lowlight conditions than the SWFA but at a higher price. Assuming this is for a hunting rifle I’m going with a 30mm tube over a 34mm tube to save weight.

Midwayusa.com has the Leupold Mark 4 4.5-14x50 with the TMR reticle for $750. I have one on a 308 and I like it. Unfortunately, it has mismatched M1 MOA dials. I think you could get those replaced with M5 MIL dials by the Custom Shop and still be under $1000. I have not had any tracking problems but I have not dialed it much so far.

ended up with vortex biamondback tactical 4x16x44 only 350 beautiful glass havent mounted it yet really excited

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back