Caribou Gear

Mikey does it again...

Calif. Hunter

At the Friends of the NRA dinner on Saturday, the only gun they were offering on any of the games or raffles that I was interested in was a Kimber 84 Varmint Model in .22-250. Really pretty wood, 26-inch magnum contour fluted stainless barrel, blued action, nice checkering, etc. I don't need another .45 auto of any variety, or another 9mm auto, or another .44 mag or another Weatherby anything. But the Kimber was really nice, even though I have a nice Tikka .22-250.

I bought the second ticket for the rifle, figuring I'd come back and buy more. I was running another game,though - the tennis ball air cannon. (Similar to a gerbil cannon and would, in fact, hurl gerbils quite well, but none were available.) This was a busy game, as boys of all ages love to shoot cannons. A lot of ladies did quite well with it, too. By the time I got a break, all the tickets for the Kimber were gone! So all I had was a 1 in 100 chance - bummer for me, I thought.

Mikey, my 8-year old, was helping me all day by retrieving the tennis balls so I let him hold all my tickets after dinner for the raffles. ( :cool: Actually, the kid has the best luck around so I had an ulterior motive....) We hadn't won anything all night when they finally get around to the game-ticket drawings. They announce the winning number - 106783. My buddy, Carl, goes running up the aisle to claim his Kimber. Mikey says "Why couldn't the last number have been a 2?" (Our number was 106782.) Just then, the auctioner/MC says, "Folks, I apologize. I made a mistake on the last number on that ticket - it's a 2. The winning ticket is 106782."

Michael was off his seat and up there before you could say "Boo." Everyone in the audience is groaning and saying things like "Not Mikey again!" (He won a Kimber .45 auto last year....) "We're going to call him the "Kimber Kid" from now on" and stuff like that. So now I have to share a very nice Kimber Varmint Rifle with my 8-year old....

Later, he also won a nice lamp off the high-end table, along with the Lewis & Clark print.......

Man, when he turns 21 we are SO off to Vegas!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back