PEAX Equipment

Middle Fork Salmon Elk Outfitter

Dave2643

Does anyone have any recommendations for packin Middle Fork elk guides on Idaho? I have a friend that has never hunted elk that would like a Wilderness experience and a chance at killing an elk with a rifle.
I have hunted elk and will go along because I want to see that part of the country. Any recommendations would be appreciated

lol I saw 10 to 1 unsuccessful guided hunters come out of that area already! There’s not much for elk in the country btw, I would tell him not to waste his money!
Matt

I spent 10 days in the heart of the Middle Fork the last two weeks of October. Four of us, glassing hours and hours turned up about 15 elk. We had a great time, just glad we were not hunting elk.

Why dont you just give me $2k, i will kick him in his junk and give him a pack of my elk back straps. I can assure you my way would be less painful, more rewarding and way cheaper!

Elk hunting in the middle fork would be an expensive sight seeing endeavor for now and the near future.
I’d suggest trying the Selway. It has good elk numbers still in areas and miles upon miles of wilderness.

Mike Richie has a top notch outfit and has a 6 point rule on bulls that has worked in his favor for years. I’ve hunted with him and now consider him a good friend.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back