Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

MI cow Elk Tag

After 36 years of applying, I finally drew a mi bull tag this year. December hunt area x and I. I’ve been guiding elk hunts since I was 14 and now it’s my turn.
Think I have been applying that long also. My 18 points are from when they started giving points for unsuccessful draws. Before that there were no points given if you didn’t draw.

Congrats!!! Once in a lifetime hunt. Have a couple friends that have done the hunt and it's not a gimme! Try to find a local (if you're not local) and do your scouting!

After 36 years of applying, I finally drew a mi bull tag this year. December hunt area x and I. I’ve been guiding elk hunts since I was 14 and now it’s my turn.
That's so awesome 😎.... Good for you..

Congrats!!! Once in a lifetime hunt. Have a couple friends that have done the hunt and it's not a gimme! Try to find a local (if you're not local) and do your scouting!
I live in the heart of michigans elk country and have been guiding elk for over 30 years. I think I have the scouting part covered. Fullquiver- if you want to pm me your contact info , I’ll help.

I live in the heart of michigans elk country and have been guiding elk for over 30 years. I think I have the scouting part covered. Fullquiver- if you want to pm me your contact info , I’ll help.
I'm sending you a pm..

Look into Canada Creek Ranch for guiding service If your looking into going that route. Ive never used them or hunted elk as of yet. But my understanding is their Guide Service is a good value and they have good elk on property. Ive been on property an there’s lots of sign. Was told they have about a herd of 100-150 on their property.

Good luck and congratulations.

Look into Canada Creek Ranch for guiding service If your looking into going that route. Ive never used them or hunted elk as of yet. But my understanding is their Guide Service is a good value and they have good elk on property. Ive been on property an there’s lots of sign. Was told they have about a herd of 100-150 on their property.

Good luck and congratulations.
Canada Creek isn't in my hunt area..

Congratulation on drawing. I also drew a cow tag but mine was for the first hunt period. I was successful taking my cow on the 3 day of the hunt. Good luck it really is awesome to be able to hunt elk in Michigan.
Congratulations. What area did you harvest your cow. Did you use a guide.

Congratulations. What area did you harvest your cow. Did you use a guide.
I was in Hunt Area X. That was everything except the core area. Yes, I had a guide. Not sure about the rules of listing him on the forum if you PM me I will send you his name and number if your interested.

Congrats on the tags guys! I've spent a few years in that core area during deer muzzy season in December, if there is snow and you can follow tracks and don't mind hiking, you will find the elk. It's never a gimme, but I could have shot an elk pretty much every year I have hunted up there. Would love to get the December hunt if I ever draw. Cool area. Good luck on the hunts!

I would take the savage 99.
My dad always loaned me his savage 99 in .308 so I have a soft spot for them. And it's a little bit different and a little bit faster on the follow up shot.
Not to many people hunting with them here in Utah that I see. Good luck only hunted MI once for white tail and only time I ever got one with a bow.

9 days to go….. I have a few good bulls picked out as I’ve been scouting since July. Most of my deer hunting this fall turned into elk scouting while casually looking at deer…
Good Luck with your hunt. Have a great time, make it an awesome experience.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back