MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Meopta Customer Service

pre6422hornet

Just want to give a shout out to Meopta.

Two falls ago at 12,500 feet north of Durango my diopter adjustment on my Meopro 8x42's took a crap and left me basically without close range optics on day one of a 5 day hunt. Luckily we were doing a lot of glassing with our 16x binos. I have a backup pair of old Steiner 8x30's so last year those came out of retirement and I put the Meopro's on the shelf and forgot about them

Fast forward to three weeks ago I finally contacted Meopta and explained what happened. They sent me a RA number so a technician could look at them, and I sent them back not expecting much since the binos have been used hard. I had to gorilla glue the eye cups on when they fell off in Wyoming back in 2014, they were scratched, dented, etc..

Anyway last Thursday I received an email that my NEW binos were being sent to me...

Yesterday they arrived. Brand new 8x42 HD! My originals were not HD so I am more than happy. Can't give enough shoutouts to Meopta. Very easy to work with.

Excellent to hear! I think this is the first first hand experience i've heard of dealing with meopta.

A couple years ago I had the exact same thing happen to my MeoPro 8X42's (non HD) with the diopter adjustment. At the time they said if they couldn't repair them that I could pay the difference for the HD version, which was around $400, luckily they repaired them and were back in my hands in a couple weeks. All and all a very smooth transaction.

Good to know. Companies should stand behind their products but it is still news when they do.
They should stand behind them. But in cases with abuse and damage due to the owner they are not obligated to stand behind that unless that product had extra cost paid up front in the form of an unlimited lifetime warranty. There is a big difference between say internal fogging from a leak VS dropping them off a cliff. Personally for me, I would rather pay less for a product as I just never buy extended warranties on anything. And trust me.. that lifetime no fault gig costs you plenty when you buy a product. To each his own though.

They should stand behind them. But in cases with abuse and damage due to the owner they are not obligated to stand behind that unless that product had extra cost paid up front in the form of an unlimited lifetime warranty. There is a big difference between say internal fogging from a leak VS dropping them off a cliff. Personally for me, I would rather pay less for a product as I just never buy extended warranties on anything. And trust me.. that lifetime no fault gig costs you plenty when you buy a product. To each his own though.
I agree. Abuse or neglect shouldn't be within reasonable expectation of warranty coverage. As someone in the business, what do you think is upcharged for lifetime warranties?

I know of one spotting scope that sold for 875.00 with ano fault warranty that also sold under a different brand for 530.00 with 10 year.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back