Caribou Gear Tarp

Men Crying

Every time I hear the Star Spangeled Banner before a race or rodeo. In my case I think it's the old emotions from when I was doing instead of watching. You know the big adrenalin rush when you start the big event you've been training for.

I think men don't cry in the same way as women cry simply because men are saught as the strong protective symbol. Men do cry but only at the really really sad things, like dealth of a loved one, best friend, or capanion (sp). Where some women cry at a sad song, or a sad movie, and things like that. I personaly don't cry all that often.
Quick Draw

PS I hope this makes sense. :)

I cried when I watched some of the firemen from 911 being interviewed. Only time I remember crying from watching something on television.

I cried when I watched the news coverage of 9-11. I think most people can say that they had some sort of emotional soar at that moment.

OL

Men cry in response to deep emotional loss or pain, and privately if they can help it.
Chicks, queers and kids will often cry out of frustration.

I will most likely cry when the people closest to me die. My Chessie, Harley is getting arthritic in her old age. I imagine, when she goes, I will go off somewhere and bawl like a little boy.

Last time I cried was in Feb '98. I was in Hawaii prepping to deploy to Laos as part of an MIA search/recovery team. I saw Saving Private Ryan the day before we left with my teams' EOD guy, a Marine Gunny. During the beach assault scene we just sat there glued to the screen, tears streaming down our faces. Not sobbing but clearly choked up and wet eyed.

When I lost two of my best friends while in college, and when I lost my best friend at work to cancer a couple years back.......thought I was OK during the whole ordeal, till his funeral when the casket was wheeled by......

Kinda funny how we think we have control of our emotions, and then something triggers them.....and all control is lost....

Well...I don't blubber at all over movies, novels, or most media related chit but will admit to getting a little tight in the chest around "patriotism" in general...more proud than sad.

Will also admit freely to having gotten choked up over the losses of friends and loved ones. Loosing family members, especially the younger ones (have lost a 9, 38, and 44 over the past few years) are especially tough and I still get a bit misty when I hear the songs that were played at their funerals over the radio. :(

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back