Meindl's fans REJOICE!!!!

SFC B

In the BPS/Cabela's thread I was lucky to come across BWALKER77's post about the new Meindl USA operation. If, like me, you were broken heartened at the loss of Meindl availability here you go!!!

Have you worn the ultra light hunters? I'm just about to walk clean out of my cabelas stalkers. I really liked those boots except on side hills. Curious if the meindles handle that better.

I have the Cabela's equiv of the Comfort Fit Hunter. They have plenty of stability. My feet love them and they have help extend my mpd range.

I am looking at their comfort fit hikers. Has anyone used these before?

I have the Denali and love them. In the top 1 or 2 favorite boot I’ve ever owned. When they discontinued them I bought a 2nd pair as back up.

I've owed several Meindl's over the years. Good boots.
Only Cabellas type I wore was the Ibex.1st pair I tore the hinge and they replaced them,then I wore them out after 15 yrs.
Was going to look at German made Meindl like I used to wear,but I went back to Lowa's.

I have a pair of the Comfort Fit Hikers after my Nevada Archery hunt killed my Cabelas era Meindls.

I should have bought them before that hunt..

I have a pair of the Comfort Fit Hikers after my Nevada Archery hunt killed my Cabelas era Meindls.

I should have bought them before that hunt..
What are your thoughts on the hikers? I’ve been looking at them for a while. I have their other boots that I really like but wasn’t sure on the hikers

What are your thoughts on the hikers? I’ve been looking at them for a while. I have their other boots that I really like but wasn’t sure on the hikers
They are lighter than the hunters but still feel "like a boot". My feet run hot and if it is wet and cold I'll wear pac's. If I want something lighter and airyier I'll wear trail running shoes.
They will most likely get the most miles in August chasing blacktails in the 70's.

I’m seriously jealous of the choice you folks have in the US. Having owned a pair of Meindls, these look like a great boot.

I still have a pair of an older model called Torup. Wore them in everything from snow on Idaho Elk hunt, to the harshness of northern australia. I had them re-soled recently and they just aren’t the same boot anymore. :(:(

Back