MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

MeatEater Off the Air tour

I went to what I think was the first live Meateater event in Bozeman a couple years ago.

It was August and bow season was approaching. Hanging out with like-minded folks and listening to what was a well constructed talk put me in a good state of mind. I then drove home, out of the Gallatin Valley and up along the Boulder River, it was probably 12:30 am by then. Just north of the Golden Sunlight mine 3 large bulls in velvet crossed highway 69 in front of me in the moonlight.

It was a good night and I am glad I went.

My wife and I are going to a Ducks Unlimited/Bemidji State University event (in northern MN); in fact my wife was more excited than I even though she'll catch an episode and watch it with me every once in awhile on Netflix or a podcast. He's damn near her hall pass... any who, we thought it would have been pretty cool to meet and greet him and Cal, but with a bunch of other people, probably wouldnt get a real convo going, needless to say, they sold out faster than we could decide. I really love what hes done, his shows, etc. I would love to meet him but at the same time not sure if he would end up turning me off completely, as I'm sure he gets asked the same old questions, probably not a genuine meeting.
Either way, we are excited to go to the event to hear what he has to say. Who knows, maybe we'll run into him at the brewery before the event
Will report back at the end of February when we go

I really like listening to the podcast but I always think, ‘man, he should have that guy back on again so he can interrupt him some more’

Yeah, that gets annoying pretty quick but he sure knows his stuff.

Between meateater and freshtracks I can’t think off the top of my head, of anyone else who is doing as much to educate and who gets people who weren’t raised in hunting families, involved/engaged in the hunting lifestyle.

My wife wasn’t raised in the hunting lifestyle. I wasn’t either but always wanted to be out hunting and fishing. Both of us are adult onset hunters. She loves hunting and the meateater shows. One reason she wants to hunt is that I don’t want to leave her home while I hunt. I want her to be out there with me hunting and I want her to have the experiences. She wanted to be included. She got her hunting education classes done before I realized she was doing them! I’m positive more women do want to be included. Also she loves seeing what is done with the animals after the kill. That makes her excited to hunt. Much of this I attribute to Meateater and Freshtracks....and Cal.

We may not want more hunters in the woods with us. I get it. But we definitely need more people who understand why it is important to have hunters. We need people are engaged in the idea of the hunting lifestyle. We are definitely going to need them to speak up for us in the coming years based on the direction this country is going. IMO.

I looked at tickets around an hour or two after I received the email and all the VIP tickets were sold out...in Boston of all places.

I enjoy all of the podcasts but it seems to me that there has been an increase in shooting-the-breeze conversations vs. the expert guests detailing what they know. While I like them all, I much prefer the latter.

I picked up two cheap tickets for the Greensburg, PA show. I’m looking forward to it. Like others have expressed, Rinella and Newberg are the ones who influenced me greatly to head out west to hunt. Now if we could just get Big Fin to come to PA, The Great American Outdoor show in Harrisburg, PA perhaps, would be great! We’d love to meet ya!

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seabee Shooter
Back