Meat shelf life?

Nick87

Anyone want to help me out killed some geese last Wednesday and breasted them out. Froze them a couple days later somehow I missed one of the bags in my garage fridge so it's been in there 8 days today. Is it still safe to freeze and process later? Dont ask me how I missed that bag.

Worst food poisoning I ever got was a goose breast left to soak overnight in saltwater at the insistence of
the farmer whose fields we hunted. Your fridge,however, is prob a different deal.
I'd toss rather than flipping a coin of going through that again.

Worst food poisoning I ever got was a goose breast left to soak overnight in saltwater at the insistence of
the farmer whose fields we hunted. Your fridge,however, is prob a different deal.
I'd toss rather than flipping a coin of going through that again.
Was this at room temp or refrigerated?
If any of my bird breasts (duck, goose, pheasant, grouse, etc.) have a decent amount of bloodshot/coagulation I do an overnight saltwater bath in the fridge before rinsing and packaging. The saltwater does a great job drawing out said coagulation.
Never had a single issue. Maybe just a stroke of bad luck for you. 🤷‍♂️

Was this at room temp or refrigerated?
If any of my bird breasts (duck, goose, pheasant, grouse, etc.) have a decent amount of bloodshot/coagulation I do an overnight saltwater bath in the fridge before rinsing and packaging. The saltwater does a great job drawing out said coagulation.
Never had a single issue. Maybe just a stroke of bad luck for you. 🤷‍♂️
It sat out for at least a few hours

Back