Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

I threw away my EBS - RECOVERED

Find a neighbor kid and offer 'em 20 bucks? Or hey kids who wants to go on an archeological adventure
I’d do that, but the neighbor kids are both single digit aged girls. I don’t have the heart, and their dad is an army vet in which I’m sure would take me down should I even approach his girls for such task.

Come on now, I'm disappointed in you. Zero effort for recovery? No handy coat hanger to hook that sheath loop for the save? I was showing a house once and went to take a leak, my shirt sleeve somehow hooked the pocket clip of my new knife, I watched as it flipped in the air and went straight into a stranger's toilet. I stood there and pondered life (and tried to decide if seller had cleaned the toilet that day) while my clients waited downstairs, finally I held my breath and fished that sucker out of there with my bare hand...and that was for a cheap folder.
You, Sir, are my Hero.

1697773799900.gif

And I‘ve stuck my hands in many places more than enough times I’d rather not describe.

PS: to the absolute best of my knowledge, the Vanguard is still there. Want the coordinates? :ROFLMAO:

I’d do that, but the neighbor kids are both single digit aged girls. I don’t have the heart, and their dad is an army vet in which I’m sure would take me down should I even approach his girls for such task.
Well thought out and articulated argument. I wouldn't follow my advice based on those facts.

Well thought out and articulated argument. I wouldn't follow my advice based on those facts.
This did remind me of a story back when I lived in MI. I had a rental house I lived in after graduating college but I was always out of the house doing something like going to concerts, work, bars, etc. Id get notifications from the city saying that my lawn is overgrown. The elder lady next door to me was a saint and told me that she can have her grandson mow the lawn for me. I was happy to allow it and I told her that I'd pay him. He must have in 5th grade or something, but he would do it. She wouldn't let me pay him, but I always snuck him some cash when she wasn't looking. It's the least I can do for being a bad neighbor.

Something to be said about hiring kids to do things you don't want to do.

Funny stuff^^
A little humility can always be mustered under the right conditions.
Junior high, 1977. Little Hem got his braces off and moved on to the retainer. $40 value. Left it on the food tray at lunch, dumped it in the cafeteria waste barrel. Realizing my error shortly after leaving the cafeteria I booked it back praying the bin hadn't been taken to the outside 15 yard dumpster. The janitor( we called him Buddha) was efficient that day.
Had the remainder of the school day to process climbing in the dumpster after school, which happened to be in plain view of the entire student body departing school.
$40 was alot of money back then.
Damn straight... little Hem scaled the dumpster after school....what a score, I actually found the darned thing. Worth the embarrassment and digging through detri.🤣

Funny stuff^^
Junior high, 1977. Little Hem got his braces off and moved on to the retainer. $40 value. Left it on the food tray at lunch, dumped it in the cafeteria waste barrel. Realizing my error shortly after leaving the cafeteria I booked it back praying the bin hadn't been taken to the outside 15 yard dumpster. The janitor( we called him Buddha) was efficient that day.
Had the remainder of the school day to process climbing in the dumpster after school, which happened to be in plain view of the entire student body departing school.
Damn straight... little Hem scaled the dumpster after school....what a score, I actually found the darned thing. Worth the embarrassment and digging through detri.🤣
Who could'a known a dumpster dive would produce such a handsome grin.

....no homo.

• Love
Reactions: Hem
Funny stuff^^
Been there done that. It was great sorted through it in my garage. I do love my daughter!!!

Funny stuff^^

Geez, I think my daughter's retainer is something like $275, she is under threat of death not to lose that thing :ROFLMAO:

So in my excitement of tagging out on two pronghorn, I realized my Gerber EBS blades were dull. I set them in a box to clean and possibly sharpen. A week passed by and I didn’t get to it, and I have an elk hunt next week so i opted to order a new set of blades. My infinit wisdom somehow told me that I would get a new case, which they did not. I got an email sent to Gerber explaining my situation, but am reluctant.

Here’s the situation:
- Trash comes tomorrow morning.
- I threw the case away in a bag, we throw two bags away at a time. I estimate 6-8 bags in there
- Dumpster has been simmering for two weeks on two separate pronghorn with some bones.
- It’s going to rain tonight.

WWYD?
Respirator and some big ol' gloves. dive in.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back