Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Meat hauling capable daypack

I can't get him too big or too good of a pack or he'll throw his old man on it and haul me up the mountain. Lol 😆. He's a big man/ boy, bigger than me!! 5'11- 230lbs built like a brick $#!& house. Maybe I should skip the day pack and go full size?
Shoot, well-this a good backpack for him then!

Attachments

• 956914588.jpg
    956914588.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 6
At that size I can’t really see a reason to get him something that won’t last a long time. The used market is crazy good if not looking to spend a lot and I think a person could find a reason to be happy with just about any exo, MR, kuiu, stone glacier, or kifaru

At that size I can’t really see a reason to get him something that won’t last a long time. The used market is crazy good if not looking to spend a lot and I think a person could find a reason to be happy with just about any exo, MR, kuiu, stone glacier, or kifaru
Especially with the exo guys jumping from the 2/3 to the 4, I could see that market jump there

I still think the 1st generation EXO Mountain frames where the best day pack meat haulers. Really comfortable, flexible allowed for full range of motion but was still vertically stiff and supportive. That frame paired with one of the 3200 bags works pretty well.

KUIU. so versatile. light but strong and durable. get the 2300 pro. everybody is different but ive tried a handful of different packs and the KUIU was night and day for me.

Last edited:
KUIU. so versatile. light but strong and durable. get the 2300. everybody is different but ive tried a handful of different packs and the KUIU was night and day for me.
For a daypack, that's been pretty solidly supported across tons of forums. Never used myself, been seen that a ton for day pack/edc type stuff.

I've had a Pintler for awhile now. Had it packed to the gills on a 3 day whitetail hunt coming out. Had right at 80lbs on it and was impressed. A full whitetail and camp in one trip.

Another MR fan here, I have the Pop-up 28 and the Sawtooth 45. I packed a cow elk and several deer out with the pop-up and it was fine; I figured I'd still use it for shorter/lighter hunts after getting the Sawtooth. But the truth is switching gear between two bags is a pain, the padding and support on the guidelight MT frame is night-and-day better than the pop-up, and it still compresses plenty to day hunt without getting in the way. Just requires a little self-restraint to keep from packing it full of stuff I don't need.

MR Guide Light MT Frame with the Backstrap. Drybag to hold whatever he may need or just a daypack lid to strap on top once you put some meat in it.

Almost exclusively how I run, ish.

I had a rslider make me a game bag (think upland) that secures like the backstrap, and a day bag that can hold a fair amount, sleekly, and was going to get another item or 2 made for the but was rocking the sts 65l big river bag inside the game bag, and can attach the day bag still if needed (seldom together).

Great modularity in it. We codenamed it the tbag. I'll snag some new pics and grab some in use pics later if interested in how essentially the stick it + dry bag would look size wise.

20221213_183210.jpg

There were MANY other codenames and designs in the works..but I'll keep it pg-13...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back